Glitter

~chapter thirty two~

Melody

I turn to Ali who looks like she bout the start throwing hands. "Come on." I tell Ali and she too backs down.

I walk out the room making sure Ali and Karter follow me out, Harry, Liam and Kate come along too. "I think everyone just needs to go home"

"Why didn't you hit him?" Harry smiles "Or let Karter hit him? Would have been a site to see."

"It's not funny Harry."

"You really think fighting's a problem for her?" Ali turns to Harry.

"Apparently." Harry smirks at her.

"Go home people, we have school tomorrow." I tell them.

"You know we don't actually have to go, seeing we only have two weeks left." Kate says "We can like have a girls day and then go to the festival."

"We still going to that?" Ali asks.

"I mean, I have the tickets. Harry can take Cal's and who wants to waste festival tickets."

I look up at Karter who looks a lot calmer now as we keep walking with the group. He looks down at me almost like he's admiring me "What?" I smile shyly and he just shakes his head.

"Mel!" Ali says getting my attention "Hi Mr. Brooks, how are you?" She looks up at me "yes sir, we're at Kate's" she turns to Kate and mouths 'sorry' "yes sir I'll be sure to tell her that and I'm pretty sure she will be sleeping over just because it's pretty late, if that's okay with you. Great. Right Okay, bye."

"He's just checking up." She smile then makes her way back to Liam, Kate and Harry chatting it up. Karter and I linger behind them as they lead the way, I don't even know where we're going but I don't care now that I have my bestfriends and Karter with me.

Karter and I walk side by side occasionally bumping into each other. I can hear Ali and Kate chatting it up with Liam and Harry and I just enjoy listening to them speak.

They lead us to a bus stop and then we all get on, Karter sits a row behind everyone else and I sit in the empty seat next to him. I put my hands on my lap as the bus starts to move.
•••

"I don't want glitter in my hair" I tell Kate.

"Why not?"

"What you mean why not? It's hard to take out."

"Whatever." She rolls her eyes and dabs orange glitter on my cheekbones as highlight.

I get up when she's done and pull my dress down. I'm wearing a neon orange bathing suit with a neon orange cover up dress that has blue butterflies spread out evenly.

I also leave my natural 4c textured hair out but corn roll the front into two then clip it down with orange and white clips. "Here!" Kate shrieks giving me shot.

"You know I can't." I tell her.

"One for good luck." She smiles and raises my glass. I take it then down it in time with her and Ali.

Kate's wearing a two piece baby blue fringe dress with a top that's spaghetti straps, with baby blue glitter as highlight and on her hair. Ali's wearing a black bodysuit with a cris cross pattern with a sparkly mesh cover up dress, with sliver glitter as highlight.

I put white trainers on that I don't mind getting trampled over. Kate's door bell rings meaning the guys a probably here so we rush downstairs.

I leave my phone not wanting to loose it and grab my black bandana. We've all bought bandannas that match our outfits but Ali said it would be too much colour so we switched it up.

I have Ali's black bandana, Kate has my orange and Ali has Kate's baby blue. I think it's a pretty cute way to colour block and show we're together.

Kate lets the guys in and my jaw almost drops at the sight of Karter but I compose myself. He's not even wearing anything new that surprises me but he just looks gorgeous.

He wearing a blue button down shirt but he's done none of his buttons leaving his rock abs out. Um...why does he have perfectly sculpted abs?

I watch his eyes make their way up my body then back up and a small smile twitch on his lips. I heat up not knowing how to act around him.

Kate shoos is out her house and we all get into spectate cars, me with Karter at the back , Ali with Liam in the middle and Harry and Kate at the front. Apparently we have free parking that comes with our tickets. Thanks Cal.

"You look good." Karter says after getting in, we're currently waiting for Liam's car to move so we can follow.

"Thanks, you clean up pretty well." I tell him and he chuckles softly. Liam's car moves and we follow behind.