"No."

~chapter thirty two~

Melody

I wake up in a little ball with Karter behind me in a spooning position, I turn putting my forehead on his chest. Tiredness runs through my body so I just snuggle up close to him.

"I love you." I say in a low hush, I must have caught Karter by surprise as he's fallen silent. Honey your not the only one I surprised, I didn't even know I was going to say that.

"I love you too."I hear him chortle softly, his voice is raspy making me want to just jump on him again.

I sit up looking down at him "I'm sorry..."

"For what?" Why does he have to sound so cute.

"After my mom died I was never the same girl that I used to be, love became very scary for me. I stopped loving myself and it took me a long time to regain that confidence I once had. I never knew that I was aloud to be happy again."

"I just- I don't know...you make me feel like I deserve to be here. Yesterday when I saw how much you resented Benedict it kinda made me feel like I wasn't enough because I know that you guys went through a lot and I just- I don't know."

I look at him and he looks up at me "I got you something ." Is all he says before he reaches over and a dandelion comes to view "Get ready." He gets out of bed and I nod smiling with the flower in hand.

I take my covers off and put the joggers and shoes on then follow Karter out, he leads the way to the elevator and I slowly lace my hands with his on our way there.

We make it outside and go into a parking lot then enter a black SUV almost like the on I saw a few blocks down Karter's house. "Can I call my friends?" I ask him getting in.

"No." His response catches me off guard.

"Why not?" I start to catch an attitude.

"It's too risky." He starts to dive off.

"It'll only take like two seconds."

"No."

I clench my jaw kinda pissed he won't let me call for just two seconds "I'll throw myself out the car." I test him.

"No you won't." I feel him glance over at me but I try not to pay any attention to him, he drives up to a red light and I decide to make my move. I go at my fastest paste un bucking my belt and opening the door then run out.

"Melody!" I can hear the annoyance in his tone but I keep running the opposite way he's going. He's at a stop light where he has no choice but to turn left or go straight.

I slow down and go into a gas station next to a supermarket. "Hey is there a phone I can use?" I ask the cashier.

"Yeah." He give me a bright smile "It's round back here." He opens a little door for me letting me in around the back. When he hands me the phone I dial Kate's number and wait for it to ring.

"Hello?" She picks up.

"Omg Kate it's me." I smile "Add Ali!"

"Hold on," I hear another ring and then Ali picks up "Its Mel!"

"Omg hi, how are things?" Ali asks.

"Good, but I'm currently running away form Karter."

"What did he do?!" Kate sounds alarmed.

"Well he wouldn't let me call so I had to improvise...I'm going to get my shit railed." I quietly add the last part.

"Okay girl!" Ali hyped me up.

"Before I go...how my dad?"

"Good. He's kinda upset he didn't hear it form you though." Ali says.

"That's fine. I gotta go, oh and stop picking up numbers your don't recognize." I hang up and turn to the cashier. "Thank you."

"No problem." He gives me his sweet smile again as I walk out and come to see Karter coming out his car, I freeze but quickly start walking away.

I turn to no longer see him by his car and walk into a broad figure, he warps his arm around my waist and just by the touch I realize it's Karter. "Your going to walk back over to the car and wait for me." He whispers in my ear.

I push him away trying to disguise me smiles and walk past him. He grabs my wrist pulling me back into him forcing our eyes to meet "Get in the car Melody." His tone wets my pants and I move towards the car.

I get in closing the door behind me and watch him walk into the supermarket near the gas station, and my leg start bouncing up and down out of nerves. What the hell dd I just do? I pissed a vampire off.

He comes back out with a bag then gets in throwing the bag behind us.