Prom

~chapter forty five~

Melody

"Take your hair out!" Kate orders and I do so. I let my hair flow and put my earrings in.

I examine myself in the mirror, I look good. My makeup is simple but still serving looking, I have a rose gold smoky eyeshadow with a cut crees of glitter and glossy lips to top it off.

My dress is an off the shoulders mermaid dress and even has a slit, it hugs all my curves not leaving me much room to breath.

Kate wears a red two pice stain dress and even she has a slit in her skirt too, he hair is tied up into a slick bun and she has a crown on. Typical.

Ali has a Smokey blue dress but the top half looks life lingerie and the bottom half is a little Cinderella like, she straighten her hair and has simple makeup on.

I remember the rings I got us all and slip the small bags in their bags without them noticing. I watch Kate put some highlight on her cheekbones and Ali brush out her hair again.

I put on some flats as heels will kill me by the end of the night. The door bell rings and we hear the door open form downstairs. "A guys named Liam is here." Kate's mom shouts form downstairs and Aliya face lights up.

We all head downstairs but Ali's the first down and she wraps her arms around Liam, I watch how he looks at her and he whispers something in her ear making her cheeks turn red.

Kate's parents, Aliya's parents and my dad come out of the living room to take pictures. "Here." Liam hands Kate and I a rose, we look at each other kinda stunned at the gesture.

"That's so sweet, thank you." I say.

"Line up ladies!" Kate's mom says with a camera in hand and the picture start. We get a group photo and then one with Liam in it, we get individual pictures and then Ali and Liam get their photo taken.

"We should get going," Kate says and her mom nods in agreement. I walk over to my dad and hug him tight. "I won't be home until tomorrow."

"Why?" I ask him pulling away.

"I'll be at the office."

"Why?" I'm still a little confused until he raises his eyebrow giving me a look "Oh okay." I laugh finally getting it.

"I went to prom too you know." He hugs me again "Have fun."

"Thanks dad." I pull away and head towards the limousine that Kate obviously got for us and get in. Kate grabs a bottle and some shot glasses and pours the alcohol in each one and hand them out.

"To shitty experiences and good friends." She raises her shot glass "To us."

"To us." We all say in unison and down the drink. The liquid burns in my throat as I swallow it down quickly. "Ew that's not good." Ali puts her shot glass down.

"Yeah cause it's strong." Kate laughs.

We finally get to school and we all get out, I can feel the music form here. We walk up to a desk and give in our tickets then walk in.

The gym is totally transformed, there's lights dangling form the ceiling as well as gold balloons. The theme is sparkle out or glitter out something like that so imagine how much glitter is on the tables.

Kate drags me to the dance floor and I can't help but laugh on my way there. The song bounce back starts to play and we dance to it "LAST NIGHT TOOK AN L BUT TONIGHT I BOUNCE BACK AYYYE!"

My body moves to the music as the many songs play. I feel the good vibes around me as I'm surrounded by my bestfriends who mean the world to me.

Kate starts twerking on me and secure her waist and hype her up as the song comes to its end. We've been dancing for a while now and the slow songs start playing.

I take Kate's hand and spin her around and she lands in my arms, she giggles as we sway to the music. "Look at them," Kate says and I look over at Ali and Liam who look happy "haven't seen her smile like that since Toby."

"I know right-"

"Melody," I turn when I hear my name, Ross approaches us with Cal "can I have this dance?" He extends a hand and Kate and I share a look.

"Keep your hands above her waist." Kate says and I take his hand and he leads me to the middle of the dance floor, I put a arm around his neck and my others holding his. His hand is on my back as we sway together.

The song The Night We Met starts playing and Ross pulls away slowly spinning me around. I land in his arms and i cant help but wish he was Karter.

"I wanted to apologize," he says in my ear "for the night I split the group up."

I'm left quite speechless.