Safety precautions

~chapter twenty~

Melody

I put my now finished homework and books in my bag and zip up my mesh jacket. It's been a week since I last saw Karter and God know where he is.

I've also lost grades on my history project but my teacher let me off easy because I'm a straight A student when It comes to history, however I do need to get an essay in by today.

For a change Kate picks me up and we drive to school, at my locker I take off my jacket and get my English things. Another Monday with no Karter in sight.

Where the hell is he? Could he be in danger or even worse dead? What if he just up and left? Would he really leave me like that? But then again I don't know how he feels about me.

"Honey stop it!" Kate drags me back into the real world "your stressing over him again"

"I just don't get it, I went to his house on Friday and Saturday but no one answered the door. Somethings not adding up" I tell her.

"There's not much we can do" she says.

"Unless..." Aliya lets her sentence hang for a second.

"We're not breaking into anyone's house" Kate immediately disagrees when she realizes Aliya's plan.

"Just for safety precautions" I say.

"Is it really breaking in if we're going in to make sure everything's okay?" Aliya asks.

"Yes" Kate says "we're not doing it end of conversation"

"Fine" I give up "can we at least have a girls night?"

"Defo!" Aliya says.

"My house 6?" I suggest and they nod then we make our way to lesson. I have first lesson with Aliya. "Where definitely-"

"Of course" she cuts me off with a smile.

When I tell you my ass was on fire just sitting down through all my lessons I'm not lying, when schools finally out I make my way home and wait for Ali and Kate to get here.

I Cain roll my hair in two but leave the ends out to make a cute little puff at the back, I put a long sleeved black top on with black joggers and show to match.

My dad arrives before Kate and Ali and I let him know that they're coming over and that we're going to go for a 'walk' later on.

Aliya's car finally pulls up and both Ali and Kate step out, I let them in and we walk sit in the living room on my couch. "So we watching Divergent or Twilight?" Kate asks.

"Ohhh you cant make me pick between" I wince.

"Let's watch and action movie" Aliya suggests taking the remote "how about the snowpiercer? Chis Evens in it."

"Of course Chis Evens in it" Kate rolls her eyes "I want my daily dose of Four"

"How about we finish watching teen wolf? We can all get our daily dose of Stiles?" I take the remote and put teen wolf on.

The hours pass by as we finally finish our series, I look over at Ali and she nods her head. "We should get some fresh air" she gets up and starts stretching.

"I don't really want too" I say hoping that reverse psychology will work.

"Kate?" Ali says and Kate looks over at me "you guys really gonna let me go out on my own?"

"It can't be that bad" Kate gets up giving me and apologetic face "come on!" She drags me up towards the door. I smile at Aliya knowing the plans going just fine.

We start walking and I slowly lead them into the path towards Karter's house, Kate keeps bussing out jokes making us laugh loud and hard. When we reach his house I turn to Ali.

"Any alarm systems?" She asks opening his gate and stepping forward.

"No" I shake my head following her in. I no longer feel the presence of Kate making me look back "Kate?"

"You guys are assholes" she says still standing by then gates "my ass should have saw this coming"

"We never leave a girl behind" Aliya says getting down on one knee and starts picking the lock.

"This is a one way ticket to jail" Kate warns us.

"Come on Kate. We'll be in and out so fast it will be like we Where never in there" I tell her.

"I should slap you guys for this" she hesitates but takes a step in the garden just as Ali get the door open.

"We're in" She smiles up at me opening the door, I step in following her in and I hear Kate's faint steps behind me "We should split up"

"No way I'm getting left alone in here" Kate quickly disagrees.

"Okay let go up" I take two steps at a time until I get on the second floor.