Graduation

~Chapter forty four~

Melody

My alarm goes off and I turn over turning it off, graduation isn't till twelve so I can sleep in until nine at most.

"Melody!" Tiago shakes me awake.

"What?" I groan pushing him away.

"Get up, I want to show you something," he takes my covers off "come on!" He sits me up.

"Let me shower," I stand and go to the bathroom "great."

After I shower and get myself ready. I go downstairs and find Tiago outside, I hop on his bike and he starts his engine.

The morning air rushes on my face kissing my cheeks and making my eyes water. We stop in front of a breakfast place and I get off. I'm no longer tired, at least I don't think so.

Tiago walks towards the cafe and I follow him inside "Go get a booth." He tell me and I wander off and pick a small booth in the middle and take my seat.

My eyes shift out the window and I watch and old man help his grand child I assume inside the car and then he makes his way to the driver side and gets in.

"Here." Tiago comes back with a plate of pancakes and a fruit bowl.

"What's all this for?" I take a blueberry.

"Your graduating so I got you something," he digs into his pocket fishing a blue bag out "here." He hands it to me. I chew the pancake in my mouth and take it.

"What did you do?" I look at him suspiciously then open the small bag, I tip it over pouring the jewelry in my hand and a small bracelet drops in my hand.

I can't help but smile "It's one of the ankle bracelet things" He says and I open it up looking at it fully, it's a pretty rose gold colour with three small diamonds in middle.

I lift my left foot up and put the beautiful ankle bracelet on "Thank you, I love it." I say gratefully.

I dig back into my pancakes as Tiago takes one fruit at a time from the fruit bowl. "So did anything finally happen between you and the history boy?" Tiago grabs my attention.

"What do you mean by that?" I swallow.

"You guys clearly had a thing for each other," He look up at me "am I wrong?"

"What makes you think he likes me?" Now this I want to hear.

"He'd do this thing where when your not looking he'll look at you then shift his focus to something else. And your not really good at hiding your emotions."

"And you picked up all that in one night?" I ask and he shrugs with a smirk. "What happened with you and your mysterious girl?"

"Well she's my girlfriend now and we have intense sex."

"Ew, I didn't need to know that."

"Karter was it?"

"It's funny how your all of a sudden interested in my love life, you've never asked me about Ross." I try change the subject.

My instincts tell me Tiago is after something deeper and wants to know something about Karter. So I lie. "We remained friends."

The lie runs smooth off my tongue. I'm not a big fan of lying but it's not because I'm a bad liar if anything I'm pretty good at it, I just value trust and lying breaks that.

"He taking you to prom? As a friend obviously."

"No." I put food in my mouth finishing my plate.

"Hmm" he hums giving me a look.

"We need to head back, I need to get ready." I tell him standing up and he does the same, my eyes do a quick scan around the room as I step outside.

"Give me a sec." Tiago hands me the helmet and heads back inside. I check my phone and looks at the messages that Kate sent me. Picking you up at 11:45. It reads and I put my phone away.

Tiago comes back out and sits on the bike and we get going. When I get home I get ready putting on my black body con dress with my graduation gown over it then put my cap on.

My door bell rings and I go to answer it but my dad beats me too it, Kate and Ali stand at the door greeting my dad. "Sorry dad, we gotta go." I step in "We'll see you there."

"Alright." Dad says and I get into Kate's car and we start driving off.

The ceremony is long but the graduation it self was totally worth it, I can't believe I've finished. I don't know if I'm going to miss walking down these halls, or miss the cafeteria.

There's just so much that has happened in this school, all the good memories and the bad all adding up to this moment.

We all throw our graduation caps in the air shouting "We made it!"