Books

~chapter thirty five~

Melody

I open the water and the shower starts to run. I step inside totally naked except for DIY bonnet on my head.

I can't believe it, I smile to myself. If Karter can please me with his hands and now his toys can you even imagine how fucking intense sex would be? Like wow.

As the water runs down my my body I scrub my body clean with the loofa Karter gave me to use. I get out and dry myself off, and put on yesterday's bikini but put one of Karter's tops over it.

I let my hair out then sit on the silk sheets I slept in. I try be patient and wait for Karter to come back form where ever he is but when an hour passes by I give up and start wondering around the loft.

I go to the kitchen and open the fridge and spot some bagel bread and take it out, I also take out some ingredients to make a BLT and start cooking.

I pick my BLT up and start exploring around, I didn't get a chance to look around last night as the first place he took me too was his play room.

I go down a corridor and open the first door on the left. It's a game room with a large Tv and it has a pool table, i open another door and it's a normal looking bedroom.

I walk in and and slump on the bed, I relax every muscle letting myself get sucked by the comfy pillows. I sit up a look around, there's some closet doors on one side but another door on another.

I walk up to it assuming it's a bathroom but to my surprise it's a staircase going down. I run my hands on the walls looking for a switch and when I finally feel one I press it.

The stairs light up individually going down and I look over my shoulder, this is invading his privacy. But at the same time who has a room going down to another room?

"Karter?" I call out into the silence, at the bottom of the stairs is a distance room that's lit up too. I look over my should one last time before leaving the door open and going down the steps.

I walk into a bright room filled with canvases covered with white sheets, paintings. Of course, i mentally slap myself on the forehead. What did I think it was?

I look around to see more paint boxes and paint brushes, I remove a sheet over a canvas and see a beautiful painting of a woman. She looks like she's in he early thirty and she has very much similar features too Karter and his brothers.

"Wow." I say to myself as I stroke the realistic looking painting. He's got every detail of this woman making it look like it's a picture or something. I spot on the right corner that there's something written on it.

Alisha, 1899. And then at the left bottom he signed his name in a beautiful italic handwriting. I look around a little confused then take off another sheet.

This painting is detailed with bright flowers and pigmented green grass, I run my finger tips over the strokes of paint. "Wow" I say once again surprised at his drawings.

I cover both paintings back up not wanting to get caught down here then rush back upstairs and close the light and door behind me.

"Karter?" I call out again just in case he came back and I didn't hear him come in, I don't get a response so I keep roaming around the house.

I end up walking into and office but it's nothing like that, it has its desk and chair like normal offices but this looks more like a music room. There's like three guitars on the wall and music sheets everywhere.

I open a draw and there's nothing put guitar picks in all shapes and size making a pool of colourful picks. The second draw is filled with piles of note books and I a dark red one up.

Inside are lyrics on lyrics and small sketches in the margins. I only scan read not wanting to invade his whole privacy and then put the book back. I get up and start making my way to his living room.

There's a small library in the corner and it grabs my attention real fast, my index finger passes each book slowly until one in particular one catches my eye. Wild Cards. Huh, I pick the book up and make my way back to his play room.

I sit on the bed and get comfortable.

My eyes flutter open and I sit up, I must have knocked out while I was reading. I hear a distant voice and get out following it, the voice gets louder as I approach the modern bedroom.