Ex's

~chapter fifteen~

Melody

"Thing is, I don't want her to be alive" I looks up at him "I mean I do but when someone's dead aren't they suppose to stay dead?"

"Unless they turn you" he says.

"I-I didn't mean it like that"

"I know"

"I've just finally healed form all this and I don't want to pick around the wound" I feel a rain drop then it starts spitting.

"Don't you think you need closure? She might be dead or not." He says.

"I think I've had enough closure, she's done nothing but hurt me and she's not even alive!" I raise my voice a little and tears start to run down my cheeks.

"Hey it's okay" Karter rushes to confront me but I push him away and turn so he doesn't see me.

"It's just not fair" I break down crying. I feel him warp his arms around me and I sob in his chest, the rain comes down heavy making the warm air now cold.

"It's okay" he says again as I calm myself down.

"I'm sorry" I back away getting out his grip.

"Don't apologize" he tilts my head up and I meet his now red eyes, I watch how little water droplets move through his hair and drop off the tip.

"Thank you" I get goosebumps not only from his eyes but form the rain too. He just looks at me almost like he's a little amazed, his hand moves form under my chin and he cups my face.

His fingers feel soft against my skins making me smile to his touch. I shiver a little cold and I see that Karter catches it too. "We should get out the rain" he says.

"I don't want to go home" I tell him.

"There's a close by motel"

"Stop trying to get us alone" I push him playfully and we start walking. I hear him chuckle and follow him to the motel.

He checks us in the motel and we make our way down the narrow corridor to our room. "Imma go get us some dry clothes" he say standing in the doorframe.

"Alright" I nod and he leaves. I go straight to the shower not wanting to sit down and get the covers wet. When I'm done I hear the door open and put a towel on.

A knock comes at the bathroom door "Yeah?" I answer.

"Here's the clothes, I figure you want to change in there?" He says.

"Right" I un lock the door and take the dry clothes "thanks" I close the door. I look at the clothes and see it's an oversized top with some shorts that start on my thighs.

I put them on then walk out to see Karter putting his shirt on "Sorry" I quickly spin.

"No" he chuckles "it's alright. I couldn't find any cut tops so"

"No this is my type of outfit" I sit down on the bed then lie down, I watch his expression grow into a warm smile then he slumps next to me. I turn to my side using my arm as a headrest.

"What's Ross' deal about you?" He asks looking over at me.

"The one form history?" I ask and he nods "oh um, we used to date. Well not really date date- it's was just a mess really"

"What kind of mess?"

"Well we were good friends before and then when me mom died I looked to him for comfort in the wrong way, I just wanted a distraction and he was just there."

I take his silence as an opportunity to keep talking "So...I wanted to be friends with benefits and for the most part it was great and I made it very clear to him that I just wanted sex"

"But he didn't get that" I carry on "he started treating me like a girlfriend and I didn't mind until I realized he was doing all that because he liked me and I lost interest and broke things off" he turns to look over at me.

"I just-" I stop myself an start to make invisible circles "I guess I just didn't want a relationship back then."

"Do you know what you want now?" He says giving my butterflies.

"I do" I smile.

"And What is that?" His face softens.

"Now where's the fun in that if I tell you?" I make him laugh "Do you know what you want?"

"I do" he looks back at me.

"Any ex's?" I look away.

"Really we're having the ex talk?"

"I mean isn't that what friends talk about?"

"Please don't tell me I'm stuck in the friend zone" he whines.

"Your far from the friend zone" I feel my stomach get fuzzy.

"Unresolved feeling for me?" He teases me and I shut my eyes in embarrassment "Oh?"

"Back to the subject" I tell him pushing him playfully.