Forget me not.

~chapter sixty two~

Melody

I feel blood drip down the left side of my forehead as my feet try keep up with Benedict. "We're gonna have to jump" she turns to me.

"Easy for you to say" I wipe my eyebrow then wince at the pain. Heavy footsteps approach us meaning we don't have time to spear.

I watch Benedict take a few steps back and I mirror her not wanting to get left behind, she builds up her speed then jumps and I do the same not far behind her.

The left side of my stomach meets the side of the roof knocking me off balance and I try gripping at anything to keep me on the roof. I hear faint footsteps come closer and closer until Benedict is over me.

My body weight hangs on the edge of the build pulling me down as my hands just about hold on the sides. I look up at her and see the devil flash in her eyes.

An mischievous smile crosses her lips and she goes out of view. She's leaving me. "Shit" I mumble to myself as I feel my grip starting to loosen.

I start to climb back up dragging my body with me, concrete fall beneath me making me slip. I groan in pain as I lift myself up onto the roof.

"The human!" I hear one of Presus' men shout them they start shooting at me. I duck for dear life just about missing the bullets.

I race to a rooftop door and let myself in making sure to lock it behind me. I grip my stomach no longer able to handle the excruciating pain.

I go down the stairs and open the door to the second floor where we're supposed to meet. "Where's Melody?" I hear Karter ask.

"I don't know." Benedict says trying to act innocent.

"I'm right here." I move into view, Karter, Harry and Benedict's eyes land on me "that bitch left me."

"Your hurt." Karter moves to me.

"I'm fine." I push him away.

"I didn't do it intentionally" Benedict says.

"Yeah whatever" I scoff.

"Although I'd love to see this we need to keep moving." Harry says on the tip of his toes.

"We'll catch up to you guys." Karter's says beside me as we watch them leave. "Let me see." He doesn't sound like he's asking so I lift up my shirt to realize a dark purple/red bruise surrounding my ribs.

"Something looks broken." He says examining my rib cage "I'm going to have to pop it back in place then heal you." He moves to a table a clear it by pushing everything off, I follow his gaze then get on lying down.

"It's going to be quick but painful." he tells me "On three," he starts to count down "One, two-" my loud scream echos the room as he digs his hand into me on two. I feel him move upward causing more pain and then he pop's a bone back into place.

"Here." He bites into himself then gives me his blood, I swallow as tears drop out my eyes. He moves out of view then comes back "I'm going to stitch you up." He says before I feel a thread and needle through my skin.

I spend at least three minutes in pain with him stitching me and bandaging me up. "We've been here for too long." He says picking me up and we race down the stairs. I hear a car open and he slides me in the passenger seat.

He gets in then immediately tries helping me with my seatbelt "I got it." I say any voice weak form the pain but he doesn't stop trying "Karter I got it." I speak up and he lets go starting the engine.

I put my seatbelt on and we start racing off.
•••
I wake up to the car coming to a stop, Karter kills the engine and gets out. I follow him out and he doesn't seem to mind I've tagged alone.

He knocks on the door to a tall building and a tall figure with green eyes and blonde her open the door then steps aside letting us in. "Melody this is Cultun a good friend of mine," he tells me then turns to Cultun "this is Melody my girlfriend."

"Nice to meet you." Cultun says and the fact that he doesn't have a British accent stands out to me first. Karter turns to me with a worried expression written all over his face.

"Your gonna go home." His voice solid.

"What? Why? I don't want to do go." I protest.

"Cultun's going to take you home."

"No Karter I'm not going!" He grabs my face forcing our eyes to meet. He knew I wasn't going to go so he's going to compel me "Please Karter." I beg my eyes watering.

"I've put you through too much danger, I won't be able to live with myself knowing your hurt or even worse...dead." I shake my head disagreeing with him.

"Please..."my voice is week with the sadness building up "I want to remember you."

He face goes cold as his eyes go a dark red "Your internship was cut short because your boss could see that you missing your family was effecting you gravely. You won't remember me or my family, the name Karter does not ring a bell. You'll be careful to stay away form Presus and other dangerous vampires."

I shut my eyes as tears stain my cheeks. I open them again to see Cultun on the other side of the room. I look around almost certain there was someone here but see no one but Cultun.

"Sorry," I wipe my tears rapidly "how do we know each other again?" I ask Cultun.

"You boss hired me to insure you arrived home safely." He says.

"Right," I shrug "must have slipped my mind."