Murderous

~chapter fifty four~

Melody

My seat rumbles scaring me awake, I open my eyes to find I'm on a plane, well it looks more like a jet. "You okay?" I hear someone say and I turn to see Karter putting some small fruits in his mouth.

He's in a change of clothes and I look down to find out so am I "Yeah," I nod "where are we?"

"In a plane to England, well a jet." He says and I lay back down still feeling tired. "You need to eat something." I hear him move towards me "Here." I open my eyes to see him with a fruit bowl.

He stabs a strawberry with his fork then gives it to me, I open my mouth making him feed me. He does the same with a blueberry and i quickly finish my bowl. "Thanks." I say and he kisses my forehead.

He sits on chair beside me and I watch him look outside, the clouds look like white Cotten candy form here and they're just so pretty. I move my legs a little and regret my decision when my area feels sore.

Okay I'd admit last night was kinda intense, I've never experienced anything like that before. Maybe I should act up more often.

Karter catches me staring but doesn't say anything, he just looks deep into my eyes giving me butterflies. "We have a long plane ride, you should get some sleep if you still need it."

"I'm not tired..." I sit up and look down at the shorts I'm in.

"Come here," he instructs me towards his lap, I slowly make my way to him sitting on his lap facing him. He warps his arms around me hugging me tight. He takes my left hand that's still wounded and kisses the slit I made so he could drink some blood.

He kisses my neck then takes my shirt off revealing the bite marks he left behind kissing them too, I smile at his gestures "let me heal a few of your wounds." He bites into his wrist then I watch him pour blood into a cup.

When it's not even half way he hands it to me and I sip it down until it's all gone, I lick my lips removing the taste from them. He runs his thumb across my lips dragging them a little.

He bites down on me playfully this time making me giggle "It's not my fault you taste so good." He tickles me which is the first getting a loud panicked shriek form me, he chuckles softly to my reaction then puts my shirt back on.

I take his face and put my lips on his while cupping his face, our kiss last forever until we finally pull apart.

We watch a few movies before I fall asleep in his arms. I hear low vibrations of Karter's voice waking me up but I stay in his chest. "We land in a few hours and I want it done before that. I don't care. Get it done."

I hear him hang up but his phone rings again "What!" He sounds irritated "And where is she now? What does that mean? No. Let Bradly take care of it. No, Harry stays put. End of conversation." He hangs up yet again.

I sit up and look over my shoulder at Karter "What's wrong?"

"It's being handled." He tells me but I'm still not convinced, he takes me by the waist pulling my back to his chest "It's nothing you have to worry about."

"So are you like a mafia king?" I ask playing with our hands.

"No, more like a business man."

"Do you um...do you kill people?"

"It's part of the job."

"What exactly is your job?" I sit up turning to face him, he licks his lips looking away from me.

"I'm not going to tell you." He finally says after a moment of silence.

"Why not?" I get kinda offended, he just shakes his head slightly as I look at him with emotion building behind my eyes "All of a sudden you can't trust me?"

"We all have different things to do, specialized for our abilities."

"Who's we?"

"My family."

"And what's your thing?" I ask.

"I kill."

"Oh wow." I blink in response a little in shock, I frown trying to process the information. "Kill." I whisper to myself, kill as in murder? Lunatic? Psychopath?

I look up at him realizing I've been quiet for probably too long "As in Ted Bundy?"

"I'm not a murder," he protests and I raise my eyebrow at him giving him a 'oh yeah?' look "I might be a murder." He corrects himself "But I'd never hurt you."

"I know that."

"And I'd never let anyone hurt you."

"I know..." I look away, have I fallen in love with a murderous vampire? What the hell is wrong with me? How did I get myself into this shit? I never signed up for this. "W-why didn't you tell me this?"

"So you can have time to run?" He asks.

"Yeah..." I reply and watch a small smile play on his lips, for some reason I have a strong urge to ignore all this and just go back into his arms. So I do.

I crawl back into his arms resting a side of my face on his chest, I know it's pathetic and I'll probably get hurt in the long run but isn't that the thrill of love? Risking it all for someone.

"I'm in too deep to back out." I say in his chest.

Shit.