Ice cream

~chapter six~

Melody

I beat him to the shop and smile looking back at him "Slow"

"You cheated" he puffs.

"Uh uh I just got a head start" I walk into the nicely air conditioned shop, a cute little ring plays announcing our arrival as I pull some braids out my face.

Tiago goes to the counter and I wonder off getting a empty popcorn bag on my way, I go to the "Wall of Treats" and start filling my bag with mini and big sweets.

I look back over at Tiago who's still ordering and decided to add one more treat, I go back to him and hand him the bag with a smile knowing damn well I'm not paying.

He pays with his card as we watch our ice cream cone being made, I turn to see the daylight now gone then my eyes do a quick scan around the shop.

I stop a familiar figure but can't see there face because they back is to me, how ever I see the person opposite them. Karter's brother looking good just like Karter always does.

Karter's brothers eyes pin mine sending shivers down my spin, he does a small smirk then I see his lips move. I see Karter's figure slow turn and I do the same paying attention to Tiago.

"You wanna eat here?" He asks getting our ice cream.

"No." I say a little too fast "I mean, dad'll be expecting us" I watch his eyes move past me and I sigh defenceless.

"You know them?" He nods towards Karter's table and I turn to see both Karter and his brother watching us.

"He's um- he's my history partner" I say then give Karter a small smile then turn back to Tiago "come on let's go"

"Which one?" He asks taking the piss cause he knows I don't want to be here anymore.

"The er- the one that looks my age."

"Let's go say hi" he try's moving pass me but I stop him and shake my head no "too late" he smiles down at me.

"What do you mea-"

"Hey" I hear Karter say form behind me making me turn completely.

"Hi" I laugh nervously "um Tiago this is my history partner Karter, Karter my brother Tiago"

"Nice to meet you" Karter goes to shake Tiago's hand and I take my cone so they can. "You guys want to join?" Karter asks.

"No." I say before Tiago can answer "I mean, we don't want to interrupt" I smile.

"Of course we can" Tiago adds and I look up at him a little shocked but smile trying to play it off. They start walking and I linger behind them "Why not?" I mumble to myself frustrated.

Karter slides next to his brother and Tiago let's me in first making me sit opposite Karter's brother. "I'm Bradly" he says putting his hands on the table.

"Santiago and this is my little sister Melody" Tiago says and I smile then start licking my cone of ice cream "So you guys just moved here?" He continues the conversation.

"Yeah we're still kinda new" Bradly says but my eyes land on Karter instead, I quickly shift my focus to my bag of sweets.

By the time I'm finish my ice cream Tiago and Bradly are chatting it up like they've known each other for the longest. I put a cherry sweet in my mouth still listening to there convocation.

My phone buzzes in my pocket and I look at the ID caller and it's a group call with Ali and Kate. "I gotta pick up" I tell Tiago and he just looks at me.

"I will push you" I warn him and he stands up, I leave the shop and answer my phone "Hey"

"Your dads asking us where you are" I hear Ali say.

"I'm with Tiago" I tell them.

"Ooo your hot brothers back?" Kate says.

"Stay away form Tiago Kate" I half joke.

"Okay okay" she laughs "just call your dad tell him where your at"

"Okay bye" I say then hang up. I go back in and see that Tiago's slid into my spot so I have to sit opposite Karter. For some reason I don't tell Tiago we have to go, I just look up at Karter's eyes.

Why do I want to stay? What kind of effect does Karter have on me? Whatever it is needs to go. Fast.

Not even half an hour goes by when Tiago's phone starts ringing, he takes one look at his phone then looks up at me "Here" he try's giving me the phone.

"Uh uh" I look at the ID caller, it's dad.

"Melody" he warns.

"Answer"

"Hello?" He answers "hold on Mel wants the phone" he takes it off his ear handing it to me, I give him a death stare and snatch the phone.

"Hey"

"Don't hey me, your curfew is 6:25 have you seen the time" he snaps.

"Let me be the first to say that it was all Tiago's idea" I look up at him "hold on Tiago has something to say" I give the phone back to Tiago.