New boy

~Chapter two~

Melody

I walk up to Kate and Aliya who are talking and giggling, by giggling I mean Kate's doing all the giggling. "Hey" I get there attention.

"There you are! We were just talking about the new guy" Kate smiles "he's like 6'2 I presume and is so hot"

"Speaking of hot" Aliya says looking past me. I turn to see the football team walking, the whole team is filled with jaw dropping boys but that's all they are boys.

"I think that's him. Blue shirt" Kate says and I look for the guy in a blue shirt. He's walking with Cal the captain of the football team.

He's got black straight hair the covers his forehead, he's about 6'3, he's got brown eyes from where I'm standing. I watch his hair bounce slightly as he keeps walking.

"A delicious Asian." Kate says.

The bell rings knocking me out my daze of watching him. "I'll see you guys at lunch" I tell them and walk to my English class, I get there just about as the bell rings.

I make my way to my seat close to the back and realize too late who's sitting next to me, the new guy. He doesn't pay any attention to my arrival so I just get my books out.

I look over at the new guy getting a better look at him, he's skin is fair and so clear and flawless. I look down at his vainly masculine hands and spot a dark blue almost black ring on his middle finger.

He looks over at me catching me observing him, our eyes lock for a second until I drop my eyes to my book. I think he turns back paying attention to the teacher.

When our teacher hands out the practice papers I get going on mine. At the end of lesson I quickly finish my test as everyone pours out.

I hand my test in then go back putting my book back in my bag, I stash all my papers inside my binder then put it in my bag. I reach out for my text book but a fair vainly hand I now recognize makes it before me.

"Here" his deep husky voice says as he hands me my text book "I'm Karter" he says and I catch he has an accent, British I think.

He pronounces his name Kar-ta adding points to himself. "Um I'm Melody" I smile finishing my bag. I walk out of class making my way to my next class.

I turn to see Karter still lingering behind me so I slow my paste so we can walk together "Your new right?" I look up at him seeing I'm only like 5'4.

"Yeah" he nods.

"Were'd you move form?"

"England"

"Hm explains the accent." I drop my gaze and look at my timetable "Well I have um History so I have to go"

"Mr. Culling-worth room 254?" He asks and I nod "Same" he says and we keep walking in the direction of our class.

I sit in my seat next to Ross a class mate, Karter goes to the teacher and then he gets given a seat which is behind me.

"So last week we had a history test and the highest score goes to Melody," I look up as shocked as everyone else.

"meaning for this project not only does she pick her own subject first but if she chooses a partner she doesn't want she can change" our teacher says earning groans around the room.

"Come on lighten up kids" he laughs and signals me to the front as he quickly writes something down folds it then put it in the box. "Ones for names," he shakes a box.

"And the others for subject" he shakes the other, I dig my hand in the subject box fishing for a piece of paper.

"Vampires?" I look up confused at my teacher.

"I'll explain when everyone has a subject, now get a partner" he moves the box of names. I dig my hand in and pick out a name.

"Al" I say a little disappointed "sir Al is never here"

"Excuse me!" A high pitch voice says making the glass chuckle.

"I mean, the majority of the time" I correct myself.

"You can always change partners" he says and I take my opportunity and pull out another name. Karter it reads and I turn to look at him. His eyes are already on mine, just like the rest of the class.

"Karter" I clear my throat then take my seat. Everyone goes up to choose there subject and partners, sir soon rearranges the seats and Karter's next to me.

We don't say a word to each other as the teacher explains what we have too do, he gives us rules we have to follow. Apparently we can't do this in class meaning we have to meet up afterwards.

With only ten minutes of lesson left I contemplate making conversation. Karter's leans back on his chair where as I'm leaning my elbows on the table.

The bell rings dismissing us and I start packing my bag. "Melody?" I hear Karter say my name making me look up.

"Yeah"

"Can I get your number?" He asks catching me by surprise "for the assignment" he adds.

"Right" I laugh nervously "Yeah sure" I take his phone and put my number in it, I give him his phone back with a small smile.

"I'll text you with an address and time" he says and I nod, I watch him leave them go to the cafeteria sitting down next to Kate and Aliya.