"Shit Melody"

~chapter thirty nine~

Melody

Kate drags us into a really expensive shop but it take her some convincing to get Ali and I inside with her. "I mean, they're so cute."

"And like seven hundred for a pair," I scoff "proms just one night."

"Excuse me! I'll be wearing these at my graduation too."

"Your dad's pockets are going to bleed." Ali smiles.

"It's not my fault I'm a typical rich white girl."

"Oh shut up" I push her playfully.

"Um guys," Ali cuts our laughter with a low hush "don't look now but," Kate instantly looking around not letting Finish her sentence.

"Kate." She looks at me and I shake my head "you were saying?"

Aliya picks a shoe up looking at the price at the bottom of the shoe "There's a group of guys that have been watching us. All sitting on the bench, all at least nineteen or twenty."

"Which bench?" Kate asks picking up a shoe.

"The one opposite Sephora's" she says and I turn subtly looking over my shoulder. Five guys are there, three sitting and two other standing.

"Are you sure they're looking at us?" I turn my attention back to the shoes.

"Yeah and they look kinda suspicious."

"Should we say something?" Kate asks.

"Yeah, Let's just go ask a bunch of twenty year olds what they want. It's not like we're out numbered or anything." Ali says very sarcastically.

"Jeez." I can practically hear Kate roll her eyes.

"Find anything you want?" I ask Kate changing the subject.

"These red bottoms." She holds up black red bottoms with a smile. We get them then walk out the shop, we go towards the really busy part of the mall in hopes to get rid of them.

"Are they still there?" I ask Ali and she turns to look, Kate and I follow her gesture as a response.

"I don't see th-" Ali gets cut off as we all walk into a group of people.

"Watch where your going!"

"That was our bad."

"My shoes!" Three different statements all said at the same time. I look up to see the guys that were sitting by Sephora's.

"My apologies." A tall masculine figure says in front of me, I stand in shock. How on earth did they get here? Weren't they behind us? "Excuse us ladies but we couldn't help but spot such beauty." The on in front of me says.

He's got dirty blonde hair with hazel big eyes, thin lips but a beautiful smile and dimples. "No um," I look over at Kate and Ali who are looking at me "it's okay."

"I'm Presus." He introduces himself. Presus? As in the big bad vampire that ran- he might be- shit.

"And them?" Kate asks earning glares form Ali and I.

"There're my friends," he smiles at her "speaking of friends I believe we have a few mutual friends."

"Really?"

"Yes. I believe Karter went to your school and his little brother Harry? Both late comers." His British accent is strong just like Karter's.

"Oh yeah."

"Do you know if he's still around?"

"Nope, he left like a few weeks ago." I tell him.

"Oh?" He looks around to his friends "Any of you might know where he went? Or why?"

"No," I look over at Ali and Kate "non of us knew him personally."

"Yeah he was always around because you know he was friends with the football team, and I'm dating a member and the magnet over there was dating the team captain." Ali smiles.

"Ohh Karter? He's totally hot right? But super quite, never spoke unless spoken too." Kate asks. "How do you guys know each other?"

"Old fiends." Presus says "Let me know if you guys hear form him."

"Definitely." I smile and start making my way around them. We walk around the mall for a while making sure we're are not being followed then get in Kate's car.

"I need to tell you guys something." I say as Kate starts the car and back up. I end up going silent totally speechless, am I really about to tell them everything? They're my bestfriends I can't trust them.

We pull into Kate mansion and take out prom dresses inside with us. When we get into Kate's room which is twice the size of mine, we sit on the king size bed and Kate and Ali look at me ready for answers.

"I um, I-I don't know where to start." I say.

"Start with Karter." Kate says her voice soft. I try explains to them everything I know, from Karter being a vampire to the trouble Harry got himself in to the part where they have to run.

"He asked me to go with him but I couldn't, I couldn't leave you guys or dad or Tiago." I look up at them "I'm sorry for hiding this form you guys."

"Oh wow" Ali lets out a breath then Kate does.

"Tiago is also a vampire. And I have wholes in my memories and Karter thinks it's compulsion...and that's all. Oh and my mom might be alive."

"Shit Melody" they say in unison.