Company

~chapter twenty three~

Melody

"Um" I say and start packing my things and putting them in my bag.

"Melody Brooks" he says and I look up to find him reading my agenda, I snatch it from him and stuff it in my bag "not a very warm welcome Melody" he follows me out.

I keep walking to wards the entrance of the school but he doesn't seem to get the hint that I'm leaving. "I have a free period," I turn to him "You on the other hand probably have something to attend to. As it's your first day here I suggest you be present"

"It's this about my hot lady comment?" He says and I give up rolling my eyes at him, I open the doors making sure I don't hold them open for him.

"Well you walking away form me is a better view then the front" he says making me spin to face him. I let my emotions handle the situation which is a bad idea because I end up slapping him.

His face moves in time with my hit "I'm sorry" I apologize now realizing it's not my place to hit a vampire"I didn't mean to-"

"Harry" I hear a familiar voice move closer to us and turn to see Karter approaching, he stands in front of his brother shielding me almost like he's protecting me.

"She hit me" Harry says.

"You probably provoked her" Karter argues and Harry goes silent, I move slowly trying to get a view of Harry.

"Fallen for a human? Again." Harry laughs "You we're always the brother who loved to easily"

"Leave her out of this. We got you out the mess you were in and now you will leave her alone, she's not to mess with." Karter goes dead silent and I look up to him. His eyes. Their gold. Why the bell he not wearing contacts?!

"Karter lets go" I grab his arm pulling him slightly.

"She's mine." Karter says confidently and steps forward towards Harry "If I have to I'll hand you over to Presus, don't mess with me brother"

"Karter lets go" I lace our hands together this time getting his attention.

"She's off limits, I get it." Harry finally says and Karter drops his guard a little, he turns letting go of my hand. Ouch now that I didn't see coming.

He starts to walk away and towards his car, I don't know whether or not I should follow him. Well since I'm confused I shouldn't go right?

I back up away form Harry and take another direction away form Karter, he turns to see that I'm not following him but I keep going.

I take my bus home and as soon as I step foot into my house I start ruffling through my kitchen and hallway draws. My dad bought me a car when I passed my drivers license, it's a white Mazda.

My dad took my car away after many accidents I got into because I was drunk driving, it was never safe for me last year but I need an escape now.

With Karter leaving then coming back a week and a half later, and Tiago's absence too, not to mention the possibility my mom could be a vampire meaning she's alive and my dad trying to 'fix' things is too overwhelming for me.

I finally find my keys in a well hidden place, taped under the coffee table in the living room. If I wasn't so desperate I wouldn't have found them.

I open my car and sit inside, all the memories rush back in of me getting into accidents and almost loosing my life to drunk driving. "I shouldn't be in here" I tell myself.

My phone rings scaring the living shit out of me, I pick up to Kate. "Hey, you left early?" It sounds more like a question.

"Yeah I um..." I let my sentence not wanting to lie.

"Is everything okay?" She asks clearly acknowledging my silence but I don't have anything to say.

"Melody?" I hear Aliya say.

"I'm on speaker?" I ask.

"Yeah" Kate says.

"He kissed me." I find myself tearing up.

"And that upset you?" Kate asks.

"No," I wipe a tear that's running down my cheek "makes me happy." I start looking around my car.

When my mom died she left me a letter and I hid it in my car knowing I won't be able to get it because my dad hid my keys, one problem is that I can't remember where I put it.

"What are you looking for?" Kate asks.

"It's doesn't matter, imma call you guys later" I tell them.

"Wait!" I hear Aliya say "Karter's coming to you."

"What?"

"He's convinced his brother said something to you that hurt your feelings and he just want to check on you" She says and I hang up no longer having anything to say.

Okay suck it up, I wipe my face dry and keep looking.