Vampiers

~chapter nine~

Melody

I look into my bag and grab some small gummy worms form my popcorn candy bag and stuff them one by one in my mouth, Karter comes back in taking a seat in his chair.

"So hypothetically speaking if our character Andrew was to approach you but you didn't know he was a vampire would that freak you out?" He asks.

"No but yeah at the same time" I say.

"Care to explain" he leans back in his chair.

"I mean, if Andrew's intention was to hurt me I'd think I would be his personal blood bag and that scares me a little. But I wouldn't mind being a vampire's girl" I smile.

"Imagine being and Elena or a Bella in a situation?" I look up at him, he seems deeply fascinated by my response.

"I guess the only down side is seeing the people you love die while you still have to live, and being dangerously addicted to blood" I add.

"Would you change for Andrew?" He asks.

"As in become a vampire?" I ask and he nods "No." I shake my head "I mean I like my human life...maybe if I was in love with him" I look up at his hazy eyes.

"Um hypothetically speaking, am I in love with him?" I keep my eyes on him, this conversation doesn't feel like we're talking about Andrew anymore. "You trying to tell me your a vampire?"

"Yes." He says after a beat of silence.

"That's ridiculous," I laugh "Vampires don't exist" I watch how his expression doesn't change "you can't be serious"

"You want me to burn in the sun? Sparkle maybe?" He smirks.

"Karter stop playing with me" I drop my pencil.

"Do you want me to bite you?" He asks.

"I bruise easily" I tell him "Yeah. Bite me" I change my mind. He raises his eyebrow then ends up next to me in a blink of an eyes. I can't believe this is real.

He turns my chair around to face him and I look up at him "How come your not like cold?" I ask and he just smirks at me "or pale?"

"Might sting" he says and I back up a little.

"Oh my gosh your not playing" I look him in the eyes "how come your eyes are not, you know, Stephan like?"

"My eyes are probably red ring now because of how close we are" he says and moves hair form the right side of my neck. "So it's like Twilight?"

"No." He moves closer.

"So it's like the Vampire Diaries?"

"You ramble when your nervous" he says then I feel a sharp pain on my neck. Reality hits and I realize that he isn't playing, he's a fucking Vampire.

This doesn't make no sense. How can this make any sense?

I feel the blood physically leave my body, I look up at the ceiling as it starts to faze and go fuzzy. I think I hear a door but I don't know if I'm hallucinating or not.

"Your draining her brother" I hear a familiar deep voice. Bradly?

Bradly must have gotten Karter's attention because he's stopped, Karter looks at me but I see double the view which I'm not complaining about. My head rolls back making me almost fall of my chair.

"Drink this" I watch the two Karter's bite into their arms then press it against my lips, I swallow down the liquid pouring into my mouth and then I see black.

I blink clearing up my vision then sit up "Oh my gosh, my dads gonna kill me" I get up but feel Karter's arms bring me back down to the couch.

"I handled it" he says and then I remember what happens before I blacked out. "How do you feel?"

"Fine" I say touching my neck, no holes? Not even a bruise.

"That's my blood in your system, you need to stay the night" he tells me "I texted you dad and said you were staying at Kate's house then texted Kate and told her to cover for you"

"Thanks?" It sounds more like a question, I sigh then sit back leaning on the sofa "A vampire huh?" I ask and he looks away "kinda thought you were kidding"

"I got a little carried away, I'm sorry" he apologizes looking away.

"It's okay" I play with my nails as we sit in silence. "So you bit me before you could kiss me? What a real gentleman" I say managing to make him smile.

"I'm guessing you want some answers?" He leans back just a centimetres away form me.

"It would be nice" I say then hug my knees.

"Well, I'm kinda like the middle child. There's my big sister, Bradly, me, my little brother then my little sister. I'm 102 this year, got changed when I was 19..." he explains to me.

He starts to explain to me his family background and why he really moved here, he only told me that he wasn't in the great mind set and he'll tell me more later on about England.