Fun fair

~chapter fourteen~

Melody

No scar.

I look up at Tiago as he bangs his head to the ground looking defeated. "Asshole" I get off of him, he's not even bleeding anymore.

"I can explain, but I need to get dressed before dad see's this" he sits up.

"I have a shirt that could fit you" I walk off going into my room to get my oversized black t-shirt then go back down and hand it to him. He takes his shirt off and puts mine on.

Surprisingly it fits his buff shoulders. "I'll take care of that" I snatch his bloody shirt form him.

"Mel, I'm sorry" he looks over at me sincerely looking apologetic. "I should have told you this but... I went to look for mom last year and found something else"

I look up devastated "W-what did you find?"

"Vampires."

"You really don't trust me" I act hurt, Tiago doesn't know that I know about vampires and I just feel like I owe him the opportunity to be the one who tells me.

"I'm being serious Mel" he says firmly.

"You gonna tell me moms a vampire?"

"I haven't found mom.."

"Because she's dead!" I shout "Tiago I beg please leave her alone, she's gone."

"But what if she's not?" He moves closer then pick my hands up holding them "we can find mom Mel, don't you want that?"

"No." I drop my hands form his grip "your a vampire? Okay I believe you, just leave mom dead. Please." I beg as tears fill my eyes.

The front door un locks form the outside and I quickly wipe my tears away. Tiago rushes to wash the knife I stabbed him with, I wipe the floor with the t-shirt until the tiles are clean.

"Mel? You home?" I hear dad make his way upstairs.

"Yeah dad" my voice breaks a little "I'm cooking with Tiago"

After we cook the chicken Alfredo I clean up then go to wash my brothers shirt, I wash it with water so cold I give myself frost bites.

Tears well up in my eyes blocking my view, how can this even be possible? My mom would never leave us no matter the reason, she would never fake a death. Right?

I turn the faucet off and the shirt looks brand new, I stuff it in the dryer then make my way downstairs. My dad and Tiago are watching a football game and I observe for a far.

I only get there attention by clearing my throat "I um, I'm going to get some air" I tell dad.

"Don't be out too late" dad smiles and I nod heading out.

I let my feet take me away and end up in front of Karter's house, should I knock? No, he's not expecting me. Why would I even come here? I turn around and start heading south.

I look up at the clear sky's turn grey, I've got about an hour until it starts raining I think. I end up by a bus stop and just sit waiting for the next bus to arrive.

I don't know where I'm gonna go but I just want to get away form home, just for a while. I wouldn't say I'm running away because I haven't packed anything with me.

But I don't want to leave my friends or Karter whom I barely know, plus I have school to finish. I lean the back of my head on the bus stop totally exhausted.

Maybe I do want mom back? But why would she go? She didn't leave, she's dead. Gone. I went to her funeral.

A bus comes up next to me and the door open, the bus driver smiles at me and I shake my head with a small smile. I watch the bus doors close and the bus slowly gain speed growing smaller.

"Going somewhere?" A deep husky voice asks and I feel my spirt leave my body, I look up matching the voice with a face. Karter.

"You scared me" I swallow rocks a little nervous. He moves form the edge of the bus stop and sits next to me, I feel a little relieved now that he's here.

I look over at his fine self as he looks down at me, sometimes I ask myself why the hell is he so damn good looking? Isn't this illegal somewhere?

"You want to go to a closed fun fair?" He asks and I nod, he stands up and I step behind him following. At this point I don't mind going anywhere that's not home.

We keep our silence until we get to the gates of the fun fair, Karter turns to me extending a hand for me to take. I reach out for him and in a woosh I'm on his back, he jumps over the fence.

When we're on the other side Karter doesn't loosen his drop around my legs so I stay on his back. We walk around looking at all the machines that are not operating.

"Turns out your right" I break the silence.

"About what?" He asks.

"My brother" I tell him "can I get down?" I ask and he puts me down "but he think my moms alive" I walk around to face him.