Three days

~chapter fifty five~

Melody

The jet rumbles as we come to a rough landing, we shake uncontrollably until the jet finally stops. I look over at Karter and watch him take his belt off then I do the same.

I follow Karter out the jet to meet two different guys and a girl no older then me, she's got Karter's natural dark hair and pink lips but other then that they don't look that much a like.

If anything she looks like the girl version of Bradly. "My sister Kira will take care of you, anything you need she'll be there to assist you." Karter tells me the closer we move to them.

"Here," he hands me a phone "it has just my number on it. Be clever if your gonna call your friends. I'll be around," he looks down at me giving me butterflies, I watch his eyes shift to my lips before our eyes meet again.

"I believe you have something to attend too," Kira I assume says coming up to us, she takes my hand leading me away "she'll be safe with me." She says over her shoulder then looks over at me.

She's at least 5'7 if not a little shorter, she's got beautiful curls the drop over her shoulders and a pretty smile. "I'm Kira nice to meet you." She opens the door for me and I get in.

"I'm Melody." I smile as she gets in.

"Home Ted." She says to the diver and we start moving, she looks over at me with a bright smile. "So tell me about you..."

"Um," I laugh nervously "w-what do you want to know?"

"The forbidden love story between you and my big brother."

"Forbidden?"

"Oh it's like a stupid rule," she rolls her eyes "if you run a vampire business you can't necessarily date a human...it's stupid...I should have never said anything."

"No," I smile trying to cover up the fact that I didn't know that "it's fine...so um a fact about me." I try change the subject "I can draw."

"Oh really what do you like drawing?"

"Mostly portraits," I shrug "nothing special."

"I bet they are something special." Kira smiles to me. We spend the rest of the ride there talking and getting to know each other a little, she has a little of Kate and Ali in her reminding me of how much is miss them.

We get closer and closer to our destination and I look out the window at the passing houses and condos. We stop in front of a huge mansion and I can feel my jaw drop. "Is this a castle?"

"No...we had to get something small for you."

"Small?" I look over at her and she starts laughing, she lets herself out as the driver opens the door for me "Thanks you." I smile and he nods at me with a small smile.

Kira leads me to the massive double doors as I walking in as our footsteps echo around the place. Why is this so big? I walk in and I'm surrounded by nothing but white extended walls and beautiful surroundings.

"Karter has a lot to catch up on so I don't think you be seeing much of him for the first three days your here..." Kira follows me into the kitchen or is it two kitchens?

"Three days?" I turn to her.

"He's a fast worker." She nods. So that's what happened...

For three days straight I've heard nothing from Karter, I haven't seen him not even form a distance. I've been stuck in the 'small' mansion.

Kira keeps telling me she has orders to follow and she can't let me out yet, trust me when I say I've tried convincing her because I have. She just don't budge.

I mean it's not all that bad, I get a whole room filled with nothing but clothes and accessories. Kate would love this. And there's so much around here I've lost myself plenty of time.

I step out the shower and put a two piece lingerie on the throw and oversized shirt the passes my thighs on top. I let my hair out as I bounces on my back as I walk out my room and go down the hundred of stairs.

I pass my two bodyguards by the door and smile at them, both Burnett's but one has grey eyes and another has beautiful ocean eyes.

I make my way to the library that I found and pass Ted the driver on my way. I back up in my tracks and stop at the doorframe. "Hi Ted."

"Miss Brooks." He nods, Ted looks about a few year younger then my dad. He's got beautiful chocolate skin and not even a single wrinkle in sight.

"Please Ted call me Melody," I walk into the office room he's in "why you still here?"

"Just in case we need a getaway driver."

"Is that why there's two bodyguards out front? Cause Kira's not here to be in every room with me?" I manage to crack a small smile form Ted but it disappears as fast as I came.