Escape

~chapter sixty one~

Karter

I hear the concern in her voice as she raises it unintentionally. "You can't do that Karter, I don't think you understand how painful your loss will be to me."

"Your the human here Melody! You are not me!"

"It doesn't matter who's human or who's a vampire!"

"Yes it does!" I top her volume but go a little louder, she looks up at me with pain in her eyes. Why is she so afraid of losing me? I'm a vampire.

"I just-" I clam down lowering my tone "if a bullet hit you I don't know if you could survive that. I can't lose you."

"Why can't you just change me?" Her question catches me off guard.

"This isn't a lifestyle you want."

"I know I want to be with you and you won't loose me if I'm immortal like you."

"No." I shake my head and she just stares at me, my phone rings interrupting and I pick it up "Yes." I say a little frustrated.

"We need to back here. Now." I hear Bradly say and I hang up looking back at Melody, how can she be this gorgeous even when she's angry. "I'm sorry." I admit to her, I haven't apologize in over thirty years. I've never needed too.

"I'm sorry." She goes in to hug me and I warp my arms around her.

"We need to get going, get dressed." I tell her and she nods, I open up the closet winder to reveal a feminine side of the closet.

"And nobody told me this was here." She moves past me grabbing some jeans to put on and then puts some trainers on too.

I lead her out the room and we past Issac and Kai my two bodyguards that I ordered to protect Melody at all times, lucky for them yesterday was an acceptable or they would both have a large piece of sharp wood through their hearts right now.

We get into the car and Ted starts driving us back to our main building, I give him instructions to get us there fast as he does.

We're greeted with our front door bombed open and I rush out the car and see the damage more clearly, I hear Melody's door open and feel her presence as she stand besides me "I need to find my family."

I move towards the entrance to see vampire body's stain the floor, I look over at Melody remember she's there. "I'm fine," she try's sounding confident but I hear the fear in her voice "we need to find your family."

She puts her hand in mine and I lead her in picking up a gun on my way, these guns have bullets drenched with an herb powerful enough to actually cause a vampire pain.

We run towards he stairs and I go up with Melody in hand. The top doors flings open revealing two of Presus' men and they charge for us breaking us up, I grab the brunette by the head and smash it in the wall then put three bullets through his chest.

I turn to see Melody struggling at the hands of another one of Presus' men and I dig my hand in his back pulling his heart out, he drops forward just as a Melody moves out the way. "Shit." I mumble to myself.

She just seen me do the the thing she's dreaded the most, kill someone. I take her hand and to my surprise she doesn't pull away and we enter the quite corridor.

I stay in front point my gun at any sudden noise I hear as we slowly make our way around. We turn a corner and I'm on high alert about to pull the trigger when I see that it's Bradly with Kira behind him.

"Where's Harry?" I ask noticing his absence.

"That's what I'm looking for."

"You need to get out of here I'll find him." I tell him.

"No."

"Get Kira our of here Bradly." I order and her obeys. He turns and walks the direction he came form, even if he's my older brother I seem to have a little more brain then him and he listens every once in a while.

I turn to make sure Melody's still there even though I feel her hand, her brown eyes look up at me and I get back on my guard.

I kick a door open and scan it to make sure no one's in there, I turn to leave and hear a door open inside then two figures comes. Harry and Benedict.

"Oh good." Harry rushes into my arms for a short hug.

"You brang the human?" Benedict asks.

"There's no time to discuss that, we need to split up. Benedict you'll go with Melody to the roof and get on the next building and meet us on the second level of it."

"Why me?" She urges.

"Just go!" I shout at her and she leaves with Melody close behind her.