Blur

~chapter twelve~

Melody

I walk up to Kate and Aliya and they turn giving me a surprised look. "Wow- I...I'm speechless" Kate says.

"You cut your hair?" A still surprise Ali asks.

"You put a cute outfit? That I picked out?" Kate asks.

"Why are you guys acting like I come to school looking like a dumpster?" I ask a little offended by their approach.

"You don't, we're just- it's different" Ali says and they both look at each other then back to me.

"I like the effect Karter has on you" Kate says as the bell rings.

"This outfit has nothing to do with Karter"

"Right." She scoffs walking off "bitch" I mumble to myself and walk in the opposite direction to my first lesson. I sit through a painful lecture in biology, then music, then maths, lunch, then chemistry and now English.

I look over at a gorgeous Karter sitting next to me, his presence still triggers me making me feel even stronger emotions for him.

My eyes slowly drop to his muscular hands and watch him play with his pencil, he must have taken english for like the 100th time now.

I mean he's technically part of history, a vampire who's been around for decades, I don't think a high school classroom is where he wants to be right now.

I should probably stop thinking about him when I'm around him, what if he could here my thoughts? I look up at him. Well that's gotta be awkward.

I look over my notes highlighting and making it pretty. "So you coming over?" He says getting my attention.

"Um," I look up at him "kinda thought you weren't talking to me after yesterday"

"You didn't do anything wrong" he says.

"Um sure, I can go" I nod and we drop back to our comfortable silence. I keep to myself doodling in the margins of my paper, I feel Karter's gaze on me a few times but I never have the courage to look up at him yet.

I go home to find Tiago in the living room watching some tv and eating my popcorn, I ignore him and go to my room to change out of the shorts into some grey joggers keeping my off shoulder top.

I go back downstairs and grab my backpack. "Where you going?" I hear Tiago ask.

"Don't worry" I leave accidentally closing the door a little too hard, I just don't want him to leave. Why doesn't he get that? I just hate the fact that he disappears then comes back.

It's honestly exhausting, I just want him to stay. I reach Karter's house and ring the bell then knock, Karter opens the door then steps outside. I give him a confused expression.

He walks paste me towards his car, I watch him walk away and I'm glued to my spot for a second. I finally throw my nerves out the window and follow him into his car.

He starts his engine and we drive off, I watch how the sunlight brightens everything and how the flowers add colour to our surrounding.

We stop in front of one of the largest woods around here. Is this a twilight moment? I look over at Karter "Should I leave my bag?"

"Yeah" he gets out and I follow him leaving my bag. After an hour of walking we start to enter the deep part of these woods. I've personally never step foot in these woods just because I've watch enough movies to know what happened in woods.

Karter turns to me and I realize he hasn't got his contacts in when his eyes turn form brown to red just looking at me. He extends his hand and I slowly put mine in his.

He moves me closer to him then he spins me and I'm on his back. "Hold on" he says making me smile. Definitely a twilight moment.

I warp my legs around his waist and lace my finger together and then he starts running, the warm breeze hits my face making it more refreshing,

I watch everything zoom by like I'm on the motorcycle but way way faster, the background blurs together making everything look like a blurry collage.

He stops and looks up and I find myself doing the same thing, he jumps griping on the tree then starts climbing up. He moves so fast I don't realize how far up we are until he stops.

His head turns to the taller tree that's at least 100 feet away give or take, he gives me a glance "Ready?" He asks.

"No." I shake my head and tighten my grip around him. He takes a leap and I close my eyes as my stomach rises with me, a gasp escapes from me as we're still in the air.

We have a hard landing, to me anyways, but he keeps climbing upwards. I open my eyes to see we're way to high up for my liking.

He stops again making me think we're gonna jump again but we don't, he shakes a branch making sure it's steady before placing me on there.

I look around still in awe, I can see the whole sunset form here. "Wow" I turn around to see more beautiful views. I look back at Karter who's sitting opposite me on another branch.