Bloody shirt

~chapter thirteen~

Melody

His eyes are rose red giving me butterflies "So um, how do the eyes work?" I ask.

"Well with my eyes they turn a deep red when I'm around blood or a human, they turn a gold brown when I'm really angry, like murderous angry. But they're naturally brown" he says.

"Your eyes are always red around me"

"You are a human blood bag" he smiles.

"I like it" I look up at him.

I watch the sun set giving off a beautiful orange with fading blue but it's nothing like the cotton candy form the other night with Tiago. Tiago, right.

"I'm not surprised your so calm about this" he says after some silence.

"Why?" I look off at the view of the houses.

"Well I'm assuming you know about your brother?" He says and I look back at him.

"What?" I ask generally confused "W- what do you mean?" I look at him and he's just as confused as I am "What about my brother?"

"I just assumed he already told you seeing how close you are."

"What that he's a vampire? Your gonna sit here and tell me my brothers a vampire?"

"His heartbeat's extremely slow like the rest of us and he definitely doesn't smell like blood. Wait, I thought you knew this" he says.

"I-i didn't know" I look away. And I thought Tiago and I were close, I guess not close enough for him to trust me. Why would he come home if he's a vampire? Isn't there a risk that he'll bite me?

"I'll get over it." I look back up at the view past Karter. Karter moves totally disappearing out my view, I turn looking around form him. "Karter?" I look around.

"Karter?!" I look down at the long distance knowing damn well I could never survive the drop "Karter I swear down if you don't come back I'll-"

"Kill me?" He reappears in front of me "I'm already dead princess" he smiles. Princess? He takes out a yellow dandelion from behind his back and give it to me and I can't help but smile.

"How ironic" I look into his eyes "thank you" I give him a sweet smile, he keeps his eyes locked on mine and I feel cheeks slowly redden.

"Hold on" he says and I warp my arms around his neck pressing my body on his, I feel one of his hands on my back and the other on one leg. He turns around and has me facing the houses.

He jumps and I hug him even tighter as the we keep dropping, half way through I close my eyes not able to handle looking at my penitential death but we land with a heavy 'thud'.
•••

I thank Karter for walking me home then go in "Dad?!" I shout locking the door behind me.

"He's not home yet" Tiago comes to view.

"Huh" I look at him then move to the kitchen "wanna make dinner?" I ask.

"Sure" he moves behind me and I wash my hands before I start making some chicken Alfredo. I get out the sharpest knife and put it next to the cutting board.

Tiago gets out the pasta and boil the water, I start to cut the broccoli down into bite size pieces. "Tiago."

"Yeah" he gives me a quick glance putting the pasta in the water.

"You know me better then anyone right," I keep cutting the broccoli "you even know me better then mom did." I clean the knife then start to approach him.

"Yeah," he laughs nervously.

"So you know how I hate lying," I move closer to him and his eyes shift to the knife in my hand "it just really...gets me"

"I know"

"So why would you lie?" I stand in front of him. He looks down at me his face mixed with confusion and surprise.

"What would I lie to you about?" He asks and I find myself just diving the knife into his lower V, the knife rips his shirt as he lets out a painful groan.

"Ahh! What the hell?!" He takes the knife out and I watch his shirt stain with his blood.

"What aren't you telling me?" I ask and watch him hold himself, he moves towards the door but I pull him back "where are you going?"

"I need to clean up" he says.

"Let me see." I try lift his shirt but he doesn't let me "let me see!"

"No." He says firmly and I just stand there. I slap his hand away reaching for his bloody shirt but he grabs my wrist so I use my free hand to hit him "let me fucking see Santiago!" I almost shout.

"No." He fights me back, I break free but he pushes me back. I stare at him annoyed as rage fill my eyes. I push him pack making us both fall then I take my chance to lift his shirt up.