xxxii. a new hope

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑻𝑾𝑶
❝ 𝒂 𝒏𝒆𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

TO LEGOLAS, VERA HAS ALWAYS BEEN an enigma

An enthralling mystery that brought the all-knowing, young prince to an absolute state of curiosity, a feeling that he wasn't so unfamiliar with. During his long and seemingly never-ending years of living, the elven prince has been to the many corners of Middle Earth, familiarizing himself with the people living within the continent and their differently enchanting cultures, learning more by exploring the world, instead of staying inside the walls of Mirkwood and living his life in a cage.

He has met many divergent women in his journeys, particularly ellith, seeing as his father constantly pushed him to find a wife — despite his mother's wishes — but he has never met a single person in all of Middle-Earth that challenged him and simultaneously enraptured him completely. For a while, his heart had yearned for someone like that; for someone to show him another meaning of life, to explore the new world with him, to fit exactly with him in such a way that it was meant to be. But then Tauriel came and some part of him could never move on from the first elleth he has ever cared for.

Consequently, the elven prince pushed everyone around him away, sticking closely to his family and friends, mainly men, in an effort to wade away any unneeded affections for women and causing himself more pain. He had thought that he would never love anyone the way he unrequitedly loved Tauriel. But, when Vera Adelaide argued her way into his life, he found his previous vows broken within a matter of seconds.

The first time he ever laid his cerulean eyes on the dark-haired beauty, he could feel his throat closing in and his heart beating at a faster rate than before. The way her rosy lips formed a gentle smile aimed at the group with hidden annoyance beneath, which was highly evident in the hazel pools of her captivating eyes. Her rich, dark hair — hair Legolas would've never thought to be beautiful — caught his attention unwillingly, and suddenly, he found himself yearning to run his hands through them. Then, his eyes flitted to the soft, fair, smooth skin sticking to her body, which had formed a beautiful figure, and he couldn't keep the tingles in his fingers from inching upwards.

From the moment he laid eyes on her, he could feel himself being bewitched as the dark-haired beauty caught his attention in, something that was entirely peculiar for the strong prince.

Then, as if she couldn't get any better, she spoke. Her voice had caught Legolas completely off-guard with the way her warm, gentle tone rang out from her mouth to the breezes of Imladris' welcoming courtyard harmoniously. In return, his elf ears twitched with delight at the soothing voice of the princess. In spite of her deceivingly innocent façade and the delicate tone in her alluring voice, her words were nothing sweet, consisting of witty remarks. Somehow, however, that only brought his curiosity about the girl higher.