xxxvi. enemy's words

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑰𝑿
❝ 𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒎𝒚'𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

DEAD BODIES PILED THE FLOOR LIKE a field of flowers, littering the ground with black blood, a foul smell emitting from the numerous deceased culprits

DEAD BODIES PILED THE FLOOR LIKE a field of flowers, littering the ground with black blood, a foul smell emitting from the numerous deceased culprits. Vera didn't care for the hill of lifeless scums by her feet, only adding more to the growing stack of seemingly endless bodies. She dragged yet another dead lump to the forming pile sluggishly, groaning as her muscles clenched in protest. Finally plopping the Uruk on the pile, she then plonks herself on the grass, lying down completely.

The fight was miraculously longer than Vera, nor the rest of the hunters, initially anticipated. The numbers seemed to multiply by tenfold with each body dropping one-by-one, charging at the group in the clearing with another full wave of Uruk-hai ordered to kill them. Vera's worry for her friends, and her warriors, only heightened as more Uruk-hai came bounding towards them with full force. She hasn't caught any word from the warriors after the fight nor did she scout the areas.

Exhaustion ran up to her quickly during her attack, leaving her incredibly vulnerable to their aggression, only depending on the weak swings from her blade and the helpful arrows from Legolas. It was quite a change to see the ordinarily strong-willed proud princess surrendering to her needs so easily without a second thought. Despite her lack of effort in her movements, though, Vera managed to slaughter her opponents brutally, but only causing more aching in her bones.

Presently, with her body on the ground in an attempt to get comfortable, Vera could distinctly hear the others dragging bodies onto the pile beside her, speaking far too loudly for her liking. A bright, blinding light appeared from her cracked line of vision, interrupting her blissful state of black oblivion and bringing her out of her resting condition, successfully eliciting a tired and reluctant groan, fully aware of who it was and what they wanted. "No," she deadpanned.

The elven prince in front of her only snorted in amusement, quirking an eyebrow in response to her bland and inconsiderate words. "No?" he echoes with hilarity evident. She barely nods, too drained. Legolas smiles, plopping his body onto the pile carelessly and setting himself down next to her. "Is the princess tired?" he coos teasingly. Honestly, he couldn't exactly blame her, as his own muscles tingled with slight exhaustion, seeing as the numbers of the Uruk-hai were entirely too much for them to handle but his immortality forbade him from reaching Vera's point of drainage.

In her annoyance, Vera props herself on her elbows, as her dark orbs glared in indignation at the prince. "One, I don't think that title suits me properly seeing as the responsibility of being a Queen has been thrust upon my burdened shoulders quite recently and adding to the never-ending worries that seem to love to torment me, and two, yes, I am exhausted so if you don't mind, I'm going back to my slumber and away from your mumbling," Vera haughtily declares, her gaze burning menacingly at the smirking prince before lying back down comfortably.