C.68

"is this yoonhwa?"

the voice sounded deep and quite raspy. yoonhwa could feel her neck hair standing. she froze on her spot unable to say anything.

seconds passed and it turned into minutes. she didn't say anything and the same thing goes for the person on the other line.

her grip on the phone tightening slightly and she closed her eyes.
"w-who are you?"

"be careful with everything you do. nothing will hold them back"

as soon as he said that the call ended. yoonhwa's eyebrows furrowed and she stared the unknown number on her phone.

"that night we got ambushed, one of our member lucas.. died. the gang red sun killed him-" haechan stopped himself from continuing his breath getting shaky. yoonhwa quickly got up and sat in front of him.

"you don't have to tell me"

"i need to" he mumbled and shook his head. "haerin finished their leader off and the gang just banished. then lately, there were signs of them coming back. and i'm sure they're after us"

"then the other day- the car outside our school..?" yoonhwa trailed off.
"yeah that's them" haechan said confirming what she wanted to ask.

yoonhwa stood there not knowing what to do. what if the person is someone from red sun?
what does he mean?

▽▽▽

"i don't think i need to explain why all of us are here. i'm sure.. all of you guys remember what happened a year ago, what that gang red sun did" haechan tapped the table his eyes staring each member.

"ah- those dickheads" eunbi muttered tilting her head slightly to the side. jisung glanced to his side where haerin was sitting.

the small smile on her lips were no longer there. she had her signature emotionless look, her eyes darkening slightly as she stared the table blankly.

"they're back" doyoung added. "i fucking knew it" ten said and shook his head.

"it's only a matter of time until they plan on attacking us. and i'm sure they're after something" haechan said and haerin turned to him.

"or someone. they might be after you, donghyuck. since you're nct's current leader." she spoke before leaning back on her seat and continued: "nct have been able to stay on the top in the gang ranks- and also internationally, especially china since wayv's there"

everyone was silent hearing every single word she says. haerin groaned and throw her head to the back before looking all of them with an annoyed look on her face.

"why are you guys looking at me like that it's uncomfortable" she muttered crossing both of her arms over her chest.
"you sounded so serious" jeno said.

haerin shot him a glare and returned her attention back to haechan who's head is dropped down his messy bangs covering his eyes.

"they know not to mess with me" he started slowly lifting his head up. "they might go after someone i cared the most" haechan's gaze flickered towards jaehyun.

"my sister?"

"since we finally got the chance to destroy this gang, do you have a plan?" xiaojun asked lifting his beautiful eyebrows.

"of course i have"

"ah- we can kick their asses" renjun mumbled. "they might be playing tricks with us though" chenle said.

"that's why we need to show them not to underestimate nct" johnny nodded his head agreeing with what haechan said.

"i thought they really disappeared. i'm glad they're back though" haerin stated while cracking her knuckles. "we got to finish them off and make them repay for what they did to-" she stopped herself from saying the name.

"haerin, you're okay?" jaemin leaned forward staring the violet eyed girl who had an unreadable look on her face. she nodded and smiled reassuringly.

"yeah i'm fine. so donghyuck, what's your plan?" all of their attention turned to haechan.

▽▽▽

"baby.."

"yoonhwa~"

"yoonhwa!" she snapped back to reality when haechan's voice interrupted her thoughts.

her breath hitched when his face was a few inches away from hers. his eyes had that concerned look. he saw her looking quite disturbed.

"hey.. what's wrong? are you sick? you looked quite pale" haechan placed his palm on her forehead.
"is something bothering you?"

yoonhwa took her phone out opening the call logs before giving her phone to him. "an unknown number called me earlier"

"what" he grabbed the phone and narrowed his eyes at the number. "did the person say something?"

she nodded. "he asked if i'm yoonhwa." haechan tilted his head slightly to the side.

"and he.. left a message" yoonhwa played with his fingers slowly averting her gaze downwards. "what did he say?"

"be careful with everything you do. nothing will hold them back"

haechan pulled yoonhwa's hands as both of them got out of the room going towards where the cyber room was. the door opened automatically and an amazed look appeared on her face.

there were a lot of computers inside. everything looks so high-tech. she saw someone sitting in front of the very big screens. one of the screens had all of the headquarter's surveillance cameras for the living room, hallways, the main entrance, and dining room.

"winwin, i need your help" haechan said as they approached the person. winwin turned his chair around to face the leader.

"what is it?"

"can you track this phone number?" haechan showed him the number and winwin nodded. "give me a minute"

the sound of keyboard being pressed were heard. yoonhwa just stared- his fingers moving very fast as he did his job.
"he's our cyber specialist"

"like a hacker?" haechan let out a soft chuckle and nodded. his hand went to pat her head. "something like that"

"you got anything?" he asked staring at the big screens that has some numbers and words on it. winwin abruptly stopped before he look up at haechan.

"it's a burner phone. i can't track it"

god- i hate myself for my late updates