xliv. mother knows best

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹
❝ 𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

IN THE SHORT PERIOD OF TIME in which Vera Adelaide remained on land, she had admittedly experienced countless events that could perfectly be described as embarrassing

IN THE SHORT PERIOD OF TIME in which Vera Adelaide remained on land, she had admittedly experienced countless events that could perfectly be described as embarrassing. For instance, the time in which Arwen introduced her to the three Hobbits, who would become her closest friends at one point, and she had regrettably fainted upon sight of their feet, never expecting children to have such feet like those and letting her mind raced a hundred miles per minute before coming to the conclusion that the creatures before her weren't children but rather Hobbits after acquiring the information from her many days of studying in the cooped up library.

That night, under the stars of Arda, when a foreign maiden arrived at their whereabouts with a surprise and an astonishing sentence, Vera could very well declare that she had another moment of weakness where her mind didn't work as fast as she would've liked, which ultimately resulted in her horrid reaction to the visitor. Vera would, later on, realize that her reaction would be a part of her embarrassing moments' collection after realizing who it was that astounded her to a chaotic mess of a woman. Granted, she didn't know how it was at the time which was just enough justification needed when others would tease her about the occurrence. Nevertheless, Vera would turn scarlet red at the mention of a situation like that.

Especially because she had overreacted from the mere appearance of her dead mother.

Screaming girlishly from her seat, Vera had hastily erected from her spot and scattered to grab her clothes and weapons. Her mind seemed to be working at an unconventional way, ranging from the slow motions of everything around her to the speed of light; it took Vera approximately five seconds to realize another presence was in her midst and another five to react in a matter of seconds, grabbing her clothes and protection gear under those five seconds. If it weren't for the current situation, Vera would proudly praise herself at the quick thinking, if discarding the fact that she had screamed as a first instinct.

Once she managed to successfully cover her corset and undergarments vainly with her dress and cloak while holding a dagger in her hand with a tight grasp and an appalled look on her face, she hastily turned around and awaited the blow of whoever it was that arrived at her haven. She had found it rather strange that this maiden wasn't coming to attack her nor was it coming to greet her as normal Atlantans would; she was just as much as a mystery to Vera. However, it all changed when their eyes met and Vera could recognize who exactly stood in front of her.