1

Have you ever thought of death? Well death is all I have been thinking about. All that has been on my mind for a long time. At this point I consider the grim reaper and myself to be old friends. He's been the one constant thing in my life when all other have been in and out. He's always with me, taunting me, torturing me at times.

My life wasn't always like this. When I was a child, things were good. I was happy. Everything changed when I became famous. The grim reaper came and wreaked havoc on my life and it sent me into a downwards spiral. It has all led to this. Me standing on this bridge on the wrong side of the railing.

Being a world famous popstar isn't everything. I lost all that was important to me expect for my one friend. He isn't here right now though to talk me off this ledge, hell nobody is.

This is it. I'm just done with the world. There is nothing between myself and the fall. The water below looks like a single sheet of glass, so flat. No cars rolling down the road. Everything is just quiet. Nobody is going to care that I'm gone. Nobody will even know I'm gone. I did leave a note for that friend but I doubt he will ever read it.

I can see the reaper standing in front of me. His hand out-stretched. He is finally ready for me to join him forever. He has come for me before but has just left me waiting. Finally he is going to take me away from this cruel world. A single tear dropped from my eye into the black abyss below me as I reached out my hand for him.

"Please don't do it." A voice said behind me as I released my other hand from the railing.

I didn't feel free anymore. A hand was holding onto mine. I took a hard breath and looked behind me.

"I can't do this anymore, please let me go." I begged the girl.

"I can't do that." Her angelic voice said.

I took a few more breaths and turned from her and looked out to the reaper. His hand is getting farther and farther away from me. No, he can't leave me here again. He is supposed to take me tonight. I can't go on like this.

"Hey, don't look at the water look at me." The angel said from behind me. I didn't want to look at her again. She is going to cost me my way out of here.

"No, no, you need to let me go." I begged even harder tears pouring out of my eyes making it hard to see.

"I can't do that, even if I have to stay out here all night. I'm not going to let you go." She said tightening her grip on my hand.

The reaper was starting to fade. No. I need to get to him. I turned and looked at the girl again. She truly looked like an angel. The light behind her is almost making a halo above her head.

"My name is Thea, please come back over the rail." Thea.

"I need to go with him Thea. He can't leave without me again." I said and tried to pull my hand out of hers.

"What is your name?" Thea asked.

"Ashlyn" I answered hoping it would distract her enough to free my hand.

"Ashlyn please come back over the rail and we can talk about whatever put you on other side of it." Thea begged.

I turned away from her, my hand almost free. This is my last chance. The reaper is getting farther away from me. His out-stretched hand is almost completed faded from my vision. Finally I was able to free my hand from her grasp. Freedom. I leaned forward and closed my eyes. I was finally going to fly away from this world.