15

The next few days past quickly. I spent a lot of time was spent with Pat picking pictures for the wake and funeral. I've also been working on selling some things from my apartment in LA. I also bought myself an SUV so I don't have to rely on Thea driving me around everywhere. She also went back to work yesterday on her regular detail. Since I was spending most of my time with Pat I told her it was okay for her to go. There is still and officer posted out in front of my house if we needed anything.

            Thea actually let me come into headquarters with her and I met with Chief Connley to thank him again for everything he has done for me. I also happened to have bought the department dinner that night as a show of thanks. Before I left I did tell him my plans to travel and about attending the wake and funeral. He told me that Thea would be pulled from her detail to accompany me to both the wake and funeral. Rory also told me that there will be officers at both the wake and funeral because of the expected turn out.

            Lindsey called this morning and told me that Bobby made bail and I was disappointed. I wouldn't let it get to me though. He better enjoy the little free time he has left because it's not going to last long. Lindsey informed me of a few legal steps that need to take place before they get a trial date and once that happens she will let me know.

            I'm still staying with Thea. When I get back from LA I'm thinking about going back to staying at my house. The news vans have started to clear out and that's made me really happy. I've had security cameras installed around my property along with hiring a tree cutting service to cut down the tree behind me house. As much as I love the tree it needs to go. If anybody has seen me climb it in the last couple of days it needs to be gone for my own peace of mind.

            Yesterday was Eds wake. There were two sessions and I stayed at the funeral parlor all day with Pat and Nicholas. A lot of people came to see Ed and it made my heart happy that he was this loved during his life time. Ed was a school teacher who taught at Salem High School and everybody loved him. When word came out about his passing the high school actually closed school for the day even though he hasn't taught there in at least 10 years. The wake brought a lot of former students and teachers and I wouldn't be surprised to see how packed the church will be for the funeral later today.

            True to his word, Thea was present by my side for throughout the wake. But because she was on duty Chief Connley made her dress in her formal blues. Actually all of the officers around the wake are all wearing their formal dress blues. Chief Connley actually came by the wake as well for a little to check up on everyone and how things were going. There was news coverage because of how well liked Ed was but none of them knew I was here.

            Today is Eds funeral and I wasn't looking forward to it. After this Ed would be really gone and Pat will be alone. I'm also really not looking forward to singing. After talking with Pat he told me that they want me say some words during the funeral. Public speaking like this isn't something I'm great at and I still don't know what I'm going to say.

            Right now I don't need to think about it. The only thing that has my attention is Thea. She is looking at herself in the mirror making sure her uniform is in order as I'm watching from the bed. I'm wearing a black skater dress with a pair of black converse. For the wake yesterday I dressed in a button up and slacks but today I went with the dress. This is the same dress I wore a year ago for my siblings funeral.

            I shook that thought from my head quickly and focused back on Thea. She ran her hand over the front of her dress jacket to make sure you couldn't see her service weapon. Thea and I have been sharing a lot more looks of longing over the past couple of days. We have both caught each other staring and every night we end up cuddled together in bed. Neither of us said anything to the other about it though. We have been curving around our feelings.