52

Alone in a Room shot to number one on the charts and has been holding steady since its release two weeks ago. For the moment I haven't been working on music, I've shifted my focus to the wedding planning. It's coming up faster than I thought it would and now we only have a few more details to finish hammering out.

All the invitations have gone out. The menu is set. The cake is ordered. Photographer and DJ are set. Flowers have been chosen. Hotels on the grounds have been blocked out for us. Security has been hired. Honeymoon is booked. RSVPs are back in and it looks like everyone we invited to the wedding is attending. The minister has been hired and all the paperwork is filed. Really the only thing left to do is find a wedding dress.

Today I'm going wedding dress shopping with Pat, Nikki and Alyssa. At first I didn't know if I would want to get married in a dress or a suit. I still haven't made up my mind but I feel like going dress shopping today will help me make a choice. Thea has already gone dress shopping and she said that she found her dress. Now I feel like I have a ton of pressure on me to find what I want on the first trip because we are a month out from the wedding.

The last time I spoke to Alyssa about the albums success she asked me how the wedding planning is going. When I told her about going shopping for a dress she told me she was booking a flight out to Salem to come with me. She arrived two days ago and we made plans to go into Boston to shop.

Onto today. Before we leave for Boston, I wanted to ask Pat if he would give me away. Since Asher isn't here anymore and my father could be dead for all I know, I want him to do it. He has been the closest thing to a father figure to me for most of my life and I want him to be the one to walk me down the aisle. So I left Nikki and Alyssa to finish getting ready and walked next door to his house.

I knocked on his door before trying the handle to find it was unlocked and let myself inside. Pat was standing in front of the mirror fixing his pocket square in his sport coat.

"There she is, are you excited?" Pat asked and turned to face me.

"I'm excited but I also know that today is going to be long. But before we go I wanted to talk to you about something." I said and watched as Pat went back to the kitchen to collect his wallet.

"What's up hon?" Pat asked and looked up to face me.

"With the wedding approaching fast I wanted to ask if you would give me away. Asher's gone and it wouldn't be right if there was anybody else standing by my side in that moment." I said and played with the engagement ring on my finger.

"It would be my honor to give you away Ashlyn." Pat said.

I looked up when he put his hand on top of mine and saw proud tears pooling in his eyes. I gave him a smile and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Alright, alright, let's get a move on before we both end up in a puddle of tears." Pat said and pulled away from me.

Pat gave me a kiss on the cheek before pulling me out of his house. We met Nikki and Alyssa on my porch and hopped into my truck. The ride into Boston wasn't bad and soon enough we pulled up to Kleinfeld Bridal. Alyssa set us up an appointment in a private part of the shop to avoid any fans who might take a picture of the dress.

When we walked in a woman named Michelle showed us to the suite and asked me some questions with what I was looking for. I told her I wanted something simple. I didn't want to spend a fortune on a dress and only wear it once. I gave her a few more details and she took some measurements before leaving us alone to go pull some dresses.