8

Three Days Ago

            Waking up the next day I felt like my head was going to detach from my neck and roll on the floor. The sun was beaming through the curtains and once I opened my eyes I knew I made a mistake of waking up. Everything was spinning as I moved my head around to see if Eli was alive next to me.

            I was alone on the couch though as I moved to start to get up. I could smell the alcohol seeping from my pores and I knew I needed to shower. After sitting for an extra minute I got up and stumbled my way to the bathroom. I barely had time to get the toilet lid open before I threw up. Alcohol coming back up was definitely worse than it going down. My throat burned as a second wave ran through me.

            When I was sure I was done throwing up for the time being I started the shower and stripped out of my clothes before jumping in. The water was cold and it felt great on my skin. The shower started to wake me up and I just stood under the water stream for an extra minute before cleaning up and getting out.

            Wrapped in a towel I made my way back to the living room to find a piece of paper with my name on it. I picked it up from the table and opened the note. My flight for LA was early this morning, I don't even know if I'm going to make it. Good luck with dinner tonight and call me when you need someone to help you pack up your apartment in LA. Or you know if you need another night out raging like last night. Love you lots ~ your lil bro Eli.

            I smiled at the note and made my way upstairs to my room to get dressed. For now I just went with pajamas and I would change again later for dinner. When I came back downstairs I found my phone dead on the floor. I started up the coffee and plugged my phone into the charger and looked at the damage from last night.

            Lots of selfies of Eli and myself and some random girls. Not too bad. It doesn't look like I drunk called anyone. But Eli and I did a lot of damage at the club. The charge on my credit card is almost $2,500. I sighed and looked at the time. It was already almost four in the afternoon and a car would be picking me up for dinner a little before 7. After checking my texts I found that Bobby made reservations for a nice Italian place in Boston.

            I needed to be alive for this dinner and food was the last thing I wanted right now. Once I finished my coffee I grabbed my phone off the charger and my slippers before walking next door. Pat answered the door for me and let me inside.

            "You look like shit" Was the first thing he said to me as I sat down on their couch.

            "I feel like it too but I needed to celebrate last night and I did. Just a little too hard. I need to be alive for a dinner with my manager and the guy from the label in three hours. Any chance you can whip me up your miracle hangover cure?" I asked fighting off a wave of nausea that rolled through me.

            "You're lucky I love you." Pat said and kissed my forehead.

            Ed joined me on the couch a few minutes later and also commented on my look. He just laughed at my pain and let me cuddle into him. Pat came into the living room a few minutes later with a large glass of something green and a fluffy Belgium waffle covered in syrup.

            "The green juice isn't going to taste the best so I would just chug it down." Pat said as he sipped on his coffee from the arm chair.

            I did what he said and just swallowed the juice and tried not to taste it. The waffle definitely helped settle my stomach and I spent the afternoon with my two favorite men. Both of them joked about my hangover as I told them about the day before. They enjoyed hearing that I was finally getting out of the music industry and was going to be home more. Ed and I ended up taking a nap on the couch for a while before Pat woke me up to get ready for dinner. I gave them both a hug goodbye and promised them that I would be over the tomorrow to celebrate with them.