46

The night of the AMA's is kind of a blur. After we left the stadium we all went to Taylor Swift's after party where we definitely partied the night away. We all barely made our flights home the next morning.

            When we got back home, the next couple of days were quiet. Thea was at work and Nikki spent some time at Malia's apartment, leaving me with an empty house. Well almost empty, I had four goldfish to look after. They kept me company as I started to work on some more songs for the new album.

            I added the two songs I finished with I Prevail to my master board and started to think of the next set of songs I want to work on. Halsey is going to be flying into New York for the holidays and she is going to come and visit me for a few days before Christmas. We have plans to finish up the songs we have been working on so they can be done and added to the board.

            Other than making music and starting to think of what to get Thea for Christmas, nothing else has really been happening. Thea had to work on Thanksgiving so Pat and I went out for dinner. She is working some extra shifts lately so she can get Christmas off. We did agree not to get each other anything crazy because we are going on vacation to the Bahama's the second week of January. That trip is going to be our Christmas gift to each other.

            Today is one of those rare off days so we wanted to go out and do some Christmas shopping. Thea is picking me up and we are going to start our day by going to Music Emporium so I can get Nikki's Christmas gift. She has been wanting this custom guitar she saw the last time we went there but it was way out of her price range. I had the owner put it aside for me and now we are going to pick it up.

            Thea pulled up to my house and honked to let me know she is out front. I grabbed my wallet and ran out the door. I hopped into her Bronco and gave her a kiss.

            "That was a nice greeting." Thea said after we pulled away.

            "Well if that is what you prefer, I could always greet you that way." I said and chuckled.

            "I'll keep that in mind. So where is this store?" Thea asked and pulled away from the crub.

            I gave Thea the directions as she drove and I played her the final cut of my song Paranoid. It was one of the songs that feature I Prevail and I was sitting on the edge of my seat to see what she says about it. This is one of the deepest songs that's going to be on the album, along with the heaviest.

            "That was different from the new stuff you're making. Are you going to write more like it?" Thea asked as we pulled into the parking lot of the shop.

            "I don't know yet, Breaking Down is heavy like it. I'm anxious to see what other people think about it." I said and sighed.

            "Babe, this is for you, not what others think. Don't let that be the thing that drives you in making selections for your album." Thea said.

            "You're right." I said and gave her a smile.

            "I like it when you say that." Thea said and opened her door to get out of the truck.

            I followed her lead and took her extended hand to intertwine with mine. We walked into the shop and I got to speak with the owner about the guitar for Nikki. Before I checked out he showed me a few of his other custom guitars and they definitely peaked my interest.

            As he was showing us around to look at some of the other guitars we past a banjo and I stopped in my tracks. One of the songs I'm working on right now I think could use something different and I think I just found it. I asked if he knew how to play it and luckily he did and brought it into one of the sound rooms and played it a little for us. I recorded the few different melody's he played and I sang a little of the song I had already prepared over it.