21

Last night was a bit different from the night before. The night before was slow and sweet when last night as hard and fast. It might have been from the wine or the fire that gave my living room a warm glow or the floral lace teddy that Thea was wearing that really set us on a fast paced course. Last night Thea was in control and I loved every second of it. I didn't want it to end but we eventually couldn't keep going any more. Thea wrapped her arms around me as the fire died down and we fell asleep.

            I woke up still wrapped in Thea's arms and a blanket. I could already feel my body aching from sleeping on the floor and all the love bites Thea left as a reminder of last nights activities. I looked up at Thea and smiled to myself.

            "That's pretty creepy you know." Thea mumbled and opened her hazel eyes.

            "What is?" I asked not taking my eyes off her face.

            "You watching me like that when I was asleep." Thea said and moved me out of her arms to stretch out.

            "I was only watching for a little bit, it's so hard not too, especially with what you were wearing last night." I said as flashes of Thea's dress came to mind.

            "Looks like you are going to have me dress up more often." Thea said and rolled onto her side to look at me.

            "Oh 100%" I said and gave her a smile.

            "Breakfast?" Thea asked.

            "In a minute, I'm not done taking you in yet." I said and moved closer to Thea and gave her a kiss on the lips.

            The kiss didn't last long and I just looked up at her. Thea wrapped an arm around my waist and I cupped her cheek.

            "I still find it hard to believe that this is real." I said quietly wanting to keep that thought to myself. Thea heard it though and took my hand off her cheek and place it over her heart.

            "It's real babe." She said and gave me a kiss on my forehead.

            I closed my eyes trying to rein in my emotions and not let any tears escape. I was successful and moved out of her arms to get up. I told Thea I was going to put some clothes on as I walked up to my room to get a moment to myself. When I was dressed I walked into the bathroom to freshen up and met Thea downstairs. She was dressed in my Salem high sweatshirt along with a pair of basketball shorts.

            I made my way over to my piano and sat on the bench and watched as she came over to me. Thea took a seat next to me and I rest my head on her shoulder.

            "I'm not the best when it comes to sharing my feelings out loud, so I wrote you a song. You said that my words deserved to be heard and I want you to hear this okay?" I said and picked my head up off her shoulder to look at Thea. She just nodded and kissed my forehead.

            I sat up straight on the piano bench and opened the new notebook that I've been writing in. I found the page and ran my hand over it starting to feel nervous about pouring my heart out. Just as I took a breath and placed my fingers over the keys Thea pressed her hand to my lower back. I smiled and started hit the first keys.

I can't count the times
I almost said what's on my mind
But I didn't
Just the other day
I wrote down all the things I'd say
But I couldn't
I just couldn't

Baby, I know that you've been wondering
Mmm, so here goes nothing

In case you didn't know
Baby, I'm crazy bout you
And I would be lying if I said
That I could live this life without you
Even though I don't tell you all the time
You had my heart a long long time ago
In case you didn't know