43

Waking up the next morning to a hangover was something I hoped wouldn't happen. But luck wasn't on my side this morning. By the time I actually got out of bed, Thea was already gone and I wished she was still in bed with me. I finally got up and put some clothes on before leaving my room to go downstairs. When I got downstairs I saw that the mess in the kitchen was all cleaned up and a note was waiting on the kitchen counter. Welcome home my love. ~Thea.

            I smiled at the note and heard the timer go off on the oven. Just as I was about to check what was in the oven I heard a groan come from my couch. I looked over in time to see Alyssa slowly sit up on the couch and rub her head.

            "You look how I feel." I said and turned my attention to the oven. I opened the door and found a French toast bake that looked ready. I took it out of the oven and my mouth started to water.

            "Thea made that after she cleaned the kitchen this morning. You have yourself an angel on your hands." Alyssa sat and walked into the kitchen.

            "Trust me I know." I said and cut a few pieces. I handed one to Alyssa and I took one and sat at the kitchen table.

            "When did you get here?" I asked and took a bite.

            "Around ten. I should have just slept in. You said last night that you wanted to talk about music stuff with me. So here I am." Alyssa said and dove into her piece.

            We both remained quiet in our hungover state and ate some breakfast. After we finished I went upstairs to get my notebooks from my bag I haven't even had a chance to unpack yet and my laptop before rejoined Alyssa at the table. Alyssa made me a fresh cup of coffee and I took a sip before I started talking.

            "I know that you have an offer to present me with from the label about an album and tour. Before we even get into that I wanted to present a counter offer." I said and flipped open my first notebook.

            "Oh a counter offer hm?" Alyssa asked and sipped her coffee.

            "Yea. While I was away I did a lot of song writing. It was a part of my therapy while I was in treatment. I have written so much for an album that is basically already done. This is an album that I need to put out. It's dark and gritty and all about my emotions and feeling about what my life has been like for the last 4 years. I know it isn't what a label is looking for and that's fine but before I put out other new music I need to release this. I am interested in Astralwerks deal and I want to have Jack look at a final offer they present but I need to do this for me." I said trying to convey how strongly I feel about this record I have almost already created.

            "How many songs do you have already done?" Alyssa asked and sipped her coffee keeping her face neutral.

            "None of them are completely finished, I'm going to rework them as I build the music behind it but I think about 15. There are also happy songs too and that can be a follow up album but for this, I want it just to be the heavy stuff because I feel like I have so much to say about the subjects. Then I can tour with both albums material. Kind of like what Ariana Grande did with Sweetener and Thank You, Next. But that's up to the label." I said thinking about the songs in my notebook.

            "I will give them a call to see what they say but I can't promise anything. I'm going to set us up a meeting with them so they can hear it from you what you want to do and we will go from there." Alyssa said and finished the rest of her coffee.

            "Thank you." I said and smiled.

            "Do you have any I could hear now?" Alyssa asked and tried to hide her smile.