53

After finding my dress everything really feel into place. Emily had the wedding plans under control and Thea and I didn't have to worry about anything. All of the decisions are made and the only thing left to do now is just show up. Over the course of the last month, all the finer details came together and it made me happy that I don't really have to do anything else.

The countdown is at 7 days now. Today is my bachelorette party that Nikki and Alyssa have been planning since I've asked them to be my bridesmaids. They have kept all their plans close to their chests and haven't told me what we are doing. I just asked them to keep it PG-13. My doctors still don't want me to drink and if I want to be able to have a glass of champagne on my wedding night, then I can't drink this weekend.

Before we party later on right now I'm driving to a place I haven't been in so long. I wanted some time to myself before the party which I made clear to the pair. They respected that and told me to be home by 5. I drove through the familiar front gates of the cemetery and drove slowly to the section of graves where my siblings lay. I parked my truck and grabbed the marigolds and started the walk to their graves.

I haven't seen them since I was shot. I guess they really meant that when they saved Thea, that would be the last time I would see them. The walk didn't take long and soon I found myself sitting in front of Asher and Ashley's headstones. I split the flowers between the two of them and placed some in front of the stones.

"I wanted to thank you both for saving Thea. I know I also have Allison to thank as well and I will get to her stone a little later, but for now I just wanted to sit here with both of you for a while." I said and cleared my throat.

The early May weather has been kind to us this year. Mid to upper 60s is beautiful when the sun is shining. I turned my face up to the sky and absorbed some sun before looking back at my siblings.

"I'm getting married next week. Thea said yes when I asked her in the hospital. I wish you were here to design my dress Ashley. I ended up going with a dress and not a suit because I knew how much you would have wanted to design it. Pat is going to walk me down the aisle for you Asher. He said he is honored to do it."

I took a deep breath and wiped away a tear that fell from my eye. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths and opened them. My jaw dropped when I looked at their graves again. My mother is kneeling in front of me.

"How are you here?" I asked and reach out to her. She didn't say anything as my hand passed right through her.

"To chat with you for a few minutes before I have to go." Mom said and moved to sit down next to me.

"Were you there in the hospital when I woke up?" I asked watching her every move.

"Yes, I was. I wanted to make sure you were okay." She said sighed.

"I don't see them anymore." I said and nodded towards the two headstones sitting in front of us.

"They moved on. There is another place after this one. A better one where we can live the rest of our lives as we wished for them to be. After saving Thea, they used the last of their power and they needed to go." Mom said and looked over at me.

"Then why are you still here?" I asked.

"I wanted to stay until Asher, Ashley and you were settled. They are both going to be fine and now that you're going to be married next week I know you are going to be okay." Mom said and placed her hand on my leg.

"You popped in when I was dress shopping too." It was more of a statement then a question.

"I was. I wanted to see what you decided on. I want to tell you that I will be at the wedding. Once it is over though I will be gone like Asher and Ashley. You won't see me again." Mom said.