44

I forgot how fast things work in the music industry. After our facetime call with Toby, Alyssa set everything in motion for our meeting. Later that week I signed my contract with Astralwerks for both albums and the tour to follow. I don't think it's going to take me that long to get both albums done because most of the writing is already completed but it's easier to book stadiums two years out. Yes stadiums. At first I didn't know whether they would have me do stadiums or smaller venues. But Toby wants me to go for stadiums since I've done them before.

Most of the tour details will get hammered out when we get closer but I made sure Alyssa knows that when we go overseas to make sure we have more off days in between shows. She got the message and so did Toby. Alyssa has given him updates on what happened during my tour with Halsey in the beginning of the year along with treatment updates.

Alyssa, Jack and I made the trip to Astralwerks home office in New York City last week to go over the final version of the contract. Once everything was to my liking and Jack looked through everything with a fine toothed comb, I signed. My first major record deal on my own. It was surreal. I made a post on instagram for the first time since my bridge post the night of the VMAs to share with the world my signing. It's been a hot minute but I just want to let you guys know that new music is coming now that I'm in my new home at Astralwerks. Thanks Toby for letting me run with my idea. More exciting stuff is coming soon.

The post made national headlines. Alyssa went home to LA the day after the signing and told her a few times that if I need anything I will let her know. After Alyssa went home I went into my home studio and grabbed the white board off the wall and started to number it one through fifteen.

Since then I've been playing around with all the songs I've written so far. The order of them is important. I don't think I have it right just yet but I'm getting closer. Nikki has helped me finish up the song Alone in a Room and it's ready to be put out. I've put that in the middle of the album line up and kind of built around it.

During this whole album process, Nikki came to the conclusion that she isn't going to move out. Astralwerks gave her a deal to help me work on the album and it made me happy to have her here with me. It also helps that Malia is here and Nikki is definitely enjoying their time together. We also went out and finally bought a new rug for the living room floor yesterday.

Today is Sunday and today Thea and I are going to the state fair. Yesterday Thea was working the fair and I think she was lucky to get Sunday off so we can go together. It's been years since I've been able to go and I've missed it. I was really jealous that Nicolas and Sydney went last night with Pat. He came home and brought me a bag of fried Oreos. I was in heaven and I could barely get to sleep last night in excitement.

Thea slept over last night and we plan on going on a double date with Nikki and Malia since Malia got off today also. Thea actually just officially got word that her transfer to the Gang Unit was approved. Last night was her last regular patrol with Malia and she was a bit sad when she come home to me about it. So today is going to be a nice distraction to lift her spirits.

I let Thea sleep in as I went into my studio and looked over the whiteboard. Other than Alone in a Room I only have Stay finished and on the board. Stay is the song I wrote and sent Thea from Europe mid breakdown. Just as I finished up the lyric of the song Beautiful Anyway I heard feet run down the hall towards me.

I looked up from the notebook to find Nikki rushing into the room and pushing me out of the way so she can go on the computer. I didn't say anything as I just watched her pull up twitter.

"You have to see this." Nikki said and brought up the American Music Award nomination page. Just as I was about to say something she brought up a video and turned on the sound.