56

The first two weeks of our marriage have been bliss. There really isn't another word I could use to describe it. The morning after our wedding Thea and I had a late breakfast in bed before driving back to Salem to finish packing for our flight to Italy. Our house was over flowing with flowers and wedding gift. Thea and I will go through everything when we get home in two weeks. When I got home Alyssa gave me back my phone and it died from all the messages I got this morning.

            I left my phone on the charger as Thea and I took a small inventory of everything we received. When we get home Thea and I are planning on hand writing thank you notes to everyone for coming. I know that Thea wants to do something nice for Rory for organizing that surprise last night. But that's for us to deal with in two weeks.

            With a fully charged phone and a large suitcase packed, Thea and I made our way to the airport. Nikki dropped us off  and Thea and I made our way through security. Let me tell you, flying first class to Europe felt like I was royalty. It made the almost 9 hour flight actually enjoyable. Thea and I ended up sleeping for most of the flight as we still haven't fully recovered from the wedding the night before.

            Our first week in Italy was spent in a Villa overlooking Lake Como. Thea and I planned a few day trips for sightseeing different hot spots around the lake, but most days were spent right around our Villa. Right down the road is a beautiful little town that had the best restaurants I've ever been too. For breakfast we went to a little café right down the road every morning. Thea and I sampled basically everything the shop had to offer during our week there and we spent a lot of time there just relaxing. For me I actually found the intimate spot inspiring to write music. Getting to watch Thea out of the corner of my eye read the New York Times and the beautiful scenery put me in mood.

            On our walking tour of the old city of Como was the only time I got recognized. I think it was also because that was the most time we spent in town around a lot of people. It was a young boy in his early 20's who was working in a little gift shop Thea and I walked through. He was working the cash register and rang up our purchase. After we were done he asked if he could get a picture with me. Thea was fine with it and I spent a few minutes with him talking about Alone in a Room. As we were leaving he asked if I was going to come tour the album in Europe.

            As of right now the plans were being finalize and Alyssa told me Toby wants to release information about the tour when I came home from our honeymoon. I told him yes and that there is going to be a stop in Milan for him to look out for. He was so happy he gave me a hug. Thea and I left a few minutes later to get back to our tour.

            We also went on a day long boat tour of the lake. It was fun travel by boat around to the different cities that are along the lake. Thea and I spent most of the day in and out of restaurants sampling little appetizers every place we went. Our tour guide knew all the best spots and we had a really nice day spent on the water.

            Our time came to an end and Thea and I were off to Santorini, Greece. The hotel we are staying in is called Absolute Bliss and let me tell you, it absolutely is. This place is in a bit of a quieter part of Santorini. Our first night here Thea and I spent it in the large bath tub. The next day we actually went to a winery. Even though I shouldn't be drinking we were told it was a must do while we were here. Our travel agent was definitely right with her suggestion. I think it was my favorite day on our honeymoon so far. Thea and I spent the day living like Gods, sipping wines and eating from charcuterie boards overlooking the entire island.

            After our trip to the winery, we spent the next day locally around our hotel. Thea and I were hungover and didn't want to do much. The day after we hiked the length of the island. It was something Thea was looking forward too and it was a beautiful day. Along the hike we shopped at different shops and I was happy I brought an almost empty backpack with me on the hike.