35

The next couple of days have been touch and go. Thea has gotten a bit better and her spirits have improved a little, though showering is still an interesting experience. Yesterday a few of Thea's friends stopped by to visit. Rory and a few other officers came over in uniform and dropped off a lot of things. My house looks like a florist right now. Along with the flowers they brought over a lot of food and some money from a collection they took at the station.

Thea was moved to tears and thanked everyone who came over. Rory kicked his officers out an hour later but he hung around for a while. I made myself scarce during the visit wanting to give her some time with the guys and worked on some songs with Nikki upstairs. Rory actually stuck around for dinner and Pat came over to join us. We had some of the food the guys brought over and Thea went to bed smiling that night for the first time since the incident.

We got into a routine over the last couple of days with getting up, taking a shower, breakfast then cleaning up and bandaging Thea's arm. Today Thea, Nikki and I are going to the police station to pick up Thea's car and drop it off at Thea's house and to pick up some more stuff for her to continue to stay at my house. Thea said she was going to stay with me until I leave for Europe in less than a week now. Then I'm going to drop Thea off at Lindsey's house for them to hang out for the day.

Once Thea was ready to go we left for the station. Thea told Rory that we would be coming by today to pick up her car so he will be expecting us. The drive to the station was quiet. When I pulled up outside I parked next to Thea's car and the three of us got out.

"Before we go inside are there any hot single woman you can point out to me Thea?" Nikki asked as we regrouped on the sidewalk.

"Maybe if you're good I'll introduce you to a few. What's your type?" Thea asked entertaining Nikki.

"Hot, not super emotionally damaged, can handle me being away for months at a time on tour, laid back, did I say hot?" Nikki lists.

"So you're looking for a diamond in the rough." Thea said as we walked through to the front door.

"Hey I found a diamond, maybe there is another." I butted in and smirked.

Thea blushed and held the door open for us. As we walked in I gave her a kiss on the cheek. Nikki hung around behind us as Thea walked us through the station house. As we walked inside a few people turned their heads and saw us walk in. A few officers came over and gave Thea awkward side hugs and I even knew a few of them well enough for them to give me a hug as well. The fanfare died down a few minutes later as Thea talked with the sergeant behind the front desk for a few moments.

"Lee!" Thea yelled and I turned in the direction of the yell. A younger officer stopped in her tracks and turned around. I shifted my head and watched Nikki's jaw drop as the officer walked over to us.

"It's good to see you back up on your feet sergeant." Malia said and came over to give Thea a hug.

I've met Malia a few times before. She is usually on duty with Thea and the pair work well together. Thea's taken Malia under her wing and has been teaching her everything she knows. From what Thea told me Malia almost quit during her first few weeks out of the academy because she didn't think she could make it. Thea saw her potential and has been taking the time to work with her. Now two years later Malia has become a better officer from what Thea told me.

"It's good to see you too Ashlyn, this one hasn't driven you crazy yet?" Malia said and hugged me after she let go of Thea.

"Come on Malia I told you that in private!" I said sarcastically.