23

The next couple of days were basically spent sitting in front of my piano. My meeting with Jack was productive and put my mind at ease. Everything Ashley and Alyssa said when we met was true. The contract they gave me to look over was straight forward and there were no tricks to it. It gave me a lot of peace of mind that they aren't out to get me and I added another check to the list of reasons why I should do this.

            The only person who I haven't really talked to yet was Thea. I wanted to get her opinion about it because her's was the most important. Yes Pat's does have a lot of weight but I want this relationship to work out with Thea and I want her blessing to go.

            We haven't seen much of each other the past couple of days. Thea has picked up some extra shifts and has been training more to prepare for her first days as a sergeant. But today she is off and we are going to go out on a lunch date later so I can talk to her about the offer.

            Speaking of my girlfriend Thea knocked on my front door. I smiled and stood from the piano bench to answer the door. Thea is wearing a black long sleeve shirt under a black winter coat with a knitted green beanie on her head. Her blonde hair is down framing her face in perfect waves and it me an extra second to greet her.

            "Hi beautiful." I said and smiled pulling her in for a kiss.

            "Hello to you too, are you ready to go?" Thea asked after she pulled away.

            "When you are." I said and closed the door behind me.

            Today the weather wasn't too cold so I decided to skip the winter boots for grey combat boots with jeans and green flannel over a white long sleeve shirt. Thea held open the passenger door for me and I hopped into her truck. She drove us to the diner and I was happy to see that there wasn't that many people inside so we were able to grab a table right away.

            "So there is something I wanted us to talk about

            "So there is something I wanted us to talk about." I said and skimmed the menu.

            "What's that?" Thea asked looking up from her menu.

            "I met with Jack about the contract from Ashley and Astralwerks. It's a fair contract. Actually it's a really good one that basically allows me to do whatever I want within reason. I wanted to talk to you about me going on tour with her." I said trying to ease into this. 

            "So that sounds like a good thing with the contract. What about the tour?" Thea asked.

            Before I could answer her the waitress came over and took our orders. There is no easy way for me to talk about the tour so I'm just going to have to rip it off like a band-aid.

            "I think I want to go on the tour but I wanted to talk to you about it. It's a 30 show North America tour with an open option to extend to tour Europe with her later this summer. I would have to leave for LA in three weeks to get everything prepared. The tour would run all of April and May and I would be home the first week of June. I wanted to know what you thought about that." I said laying out everything I knew so far.