28

After I got off stage I was met by Thea. She was waiting backstage after I handed my guitar off to a stage hand. I walked quickly into her arms and immediately kissed her. When Thea pulled away I looked into her eyes and smiled.

            "I loved the song." She said.

            "I'm glad." I said. "Let's get back to my dressing room, I need to shower and then we can check on Pat."

            "Lead the way." Thea said.

            Alyssa joined us on the walk to my dressing room and told me that I was already trending on twitter. I got Alyssa to send me some pictures the photographer took during the song. It's time for me to publicly come out. After I showered and changed I sat on the couch and typed up an instagram post with a few different pictures of Thea and myself over the course of our relationship so far. Once I was done I read it over to make sure everything made sense and showed it to her. Thea read it over and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I showed it to Alyssa just so she is aware of what I'm about to post and I hit send.

            I put my phone in my pocket and Thea and myself went to check on my band. Once I made sure they were okay we went up to the suite to see Pat. Halsey hasn't come on and I was glad to catch him before her set started. When I walked in everybody started cheering and Pat pulled me into a tight hug.

            "You were amazing out there Ash." He said in my ear.

            "Thank you. I'm glad you got to see me on stage again." I said and pulled away from Pat.

            Pat let me mingle for a few minutes with everyone else in the suite before I came back over to him with a glass of champagne. He quickly accepted it and we sat down in one of the sets of chairs to watch the start of Halsey set.

            "Ed would have loved to be here." Pat said and looked down into the glass of champagne. Before I could reply movement over his shoulder caught my eye. Ed is sitting next to Pat and beside him Ashley and Asher were watching the show.

            "He's definitely right I loved your set Ashlyn." Ed said and smiled at me.

            "I know he would have." I said and looked back at Pat.

            "I'll always watch over him and you too Ash." Ed said and watched as Halsey started jumping around the stage to her song Nightmare.

            "I can't believe you get to play on her tour every night Ash!" Ashley said and started jumping around to the song.

            "This has been one of the best tours of my life. Halsey has become a good friend to me and I'm surrounded by a great band and friends and I don't want it to end." I said to all of them.

            "Then you should take Halsey up on the offer to go to Europe with her." Pat said and finished his glass of champagne.

            "I might." I said and looked out to the stage.

            "Seriously Ash, we are so proud of you for getting this far. The show was amazing and now you're out in public, you just get to be you." Asher said and smiled.

            I took a deep to keep the tears away and I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Thea standing behind me. I pulled her arm around my chest and kissed her hand. When I looked behind Pat, Ed and my siblings were gone and I sighed.

            "You okay?" Thea asked in my ear.

            "Yea" I said and turned to kiss her cheek.