29

It was hard to sleep when we got back to the hotel. Thea knocked out shortly after we returned but I couldn't sleep. Ever since I started seeing spirits, I have never seen that many in one place at one time. That night I left Thea in bed alone and retreated myself in the bathroom. I laid back in the empty tub and took some time to try and relax so maybe I can get some sleep.

            After Asher and Ashley were killed in our home, I thought that their spirits were still in the house. I had a medium come in and do a reading. He could feel energy in the house but told me it was them and there weren't bad spirits lingering around.

            The first time I saw Asher and Ashley I freaked out. I thought I was losing my mind. They are dead, how could I see them? I had the medium come back to my house and told him what I was seeing and feeling. That's when he told me that I might be a medium.

            Things started to make sense after that. Sometimes when I went to the cemetery to visit my mom's grave I would see people just disappear. Then my life blew up in the music scene and I stopped seeing spirits. After my siblings were killed it brought everything back up again.

            There was so much energy at the world trade center site it overwhelmed me. To see all of those officers, fire fighters and EMTs standing there took a lot of out me. But yet now when I'm trying to sleep, I can't.

            My thoughts spiraled for a little while before I felt a chill in the air. I looked over towards the door and saw the Reaper standing there.

            "How come I could see all of those souls tonight?" I asked.

            "You have come so close to death so many times child that you can see both side of the veil." The Reaper answered.

            "Why are you here?" I asked.

            "You have people looking over you from the other side and they visit with you often. I didn't think you would doubt your gift." The Reaper said.

            "I'm not doubting it. There was just so many souls there I" My voice gave out and I could feel the tears fall from my eyes.

            My crying woke Thea up. She walked into the bathroom to find me sobbing in the tub. When she saw me crying she jumped into the tub with me and pulled me into her arms. I can't keep this from her much longer. I know I'm going to sound like a crazy person when I tell her but I can't keep it to myself anymore.

            Thea pulled me out of the tub and we laid in bed together for a few minutes before Thea got up and opened the mini fridge. She came back with two baby bottle of whiskey and we drank them in two sips. As we settled into bed again Thea held me close to her. Our breath smelled of the alcohol and she asked what happened. I told her I just had a nightmare. How many more times can I tell her I had a nightmare?

            We woke up late the next morning. I didn't have to do anything until soundcheck which was at 4pm. I ordered us breakfast to the room and texted Alyssa to leave me alone until soundcheck. Thea and I had breakfast in our hotel room and once we were done we crawled right back into bed. Thea turned on a Law and Order SUV marathon and we cuddled into each other.

            "I want to talk to you about something if that's okay?" I asked sat up from our cuddle session.

            "Does it have something to do with your nightmare?" Thea asked and looked at me.

            "You're going to think I'm crazy." I sighed and rubbed my forehead to try and prevent the headache I knew was starting to form.

            "You do realize I'm a police officer right? I see crazy almost every day I'm on duty." Thea said and smiled.