30

That night I basically slept on top of Thea. The thought that she actually left me was too much for me to handle after the show. I should probably talk with a therapist about it and the other things going on with me. Even though I don't see myself leaving Thea, there is always the possibility that Thea breaks up with me. Once I get home I'm going to find a therapist to talk too.

Today is an off day and tomorrow we travel to Nashville, but we get a late start so I'm happy we get to sleep in again. When I woke up I was alone in bed. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and sat up to look around the room. Thea is sitting at the little table in the room looking out the window. She heard me move around and turned her attention to me. When her eyes found mine she gave me a smile and nodded towards the table.

"I got breakfast, figured you could use the sleep." Thea said.

I got out of bed and walked over to her and planted a kiss on her forehead before whispering a thanks. Taking the seat across from her I took a sip of the ice coffee she got me before diving into the bagel. The news played on the tv in the background as I finished my breakfast. There is a weird tension in the air and I don't know how to break it.

"You okay?" Thea asked after I put my coffee down.

"Yea, thinking a lot about what I'm going to do after tour is over." I said and threw the trash into the garbage.

"And what do those plans include?" Thea asked and shook her coffee.

"You, me, a bed and not moving for 24 hours. Work on some new music. Maybe shop around for new labels." I said rattling off the list of things I had already planned on doing minus look for a therapist.

"That all?" Thea asked and tossed her now empty coffee.

"Find a therapist." I said and ruffled my hair.

"I could give you the information for the woman I see if you want? There are a few other therapists in her practice so even if you don't want to meet with her you can always try some of the others." Thea said and gave me a genuine smile.

"I would like that a lot actually thank you." I said relieved.

"Anything for you baby, now come on, go get dressed, I know that you have a list of places for us to see today before dinner." Thea said and pushed me to get up.

I gave her a smile before jumping over to my bag to find some clothes for today. I had a few stops I wanted to see with Thea and then the rest of the day would be filled with anything she wanted to see. It's been a long time since I've been able to have an off day to explore NYC and I wanted to make the most of it.

Once I was ready Thea handed me Ashers Boston Red Sox hat before grabbing her own Yankee hat then we headed out the door. The first stop on the list is Madison Square Garden. Yes we just played two sold out shows here but I haven't seen it in the day light in years. With fresh film in my polaroid camera I had Thea take a picture of me under the marque that was still up with my name on it. Then Thea and I took a few of ourselves before moving onto Times Square.

We walked around Manhattan for a majority of our day. We stopped at a few major sights along with hitting quite a few bars throughout the day. Thea remembered a general layout of the city from when she used to live in Queens and she took me to some of her favorite places. Throughout the day every once in a while I was stopped by a few fans but nothing overwhelming.

After we stopped at all the places I wanted to stop at we made our way back towards our hotel. Before we got there Thea wanted to stop at one place. She ordered us an uber and when we pulled up outside a NYPD precinct, I had an idea of where we were. We got out of the uber and stood across the street from the precinct. Thea looked both ways before crossing the street and I watched her stop in the middle of the street. I got a picture of Thea looking up at the sign above the door and joined her in the middle of the street.