18

The next week was about the same. I spent most of my time reading old lyrics from my notebook and writing songs. I don't know what it is but now that I have this freedom to write about what I felt over the last year, all I want to do is create music. It's getting to the point now where all this music could be an album.

            I also dropped off my old contracts to Lindsey and Jack. I wanted them to look into my royalty rights and if I were to release new music right now how much would the label take from the overall cut. Jack and I actually had a lengthy meeting yesterday and we went over everything section by section. Basically if I release any music right now that isn't approved by the label they would sue me. As for my old music that is already out, I'm only getting a minor cut from the royalty rights. So for now I'm stuck in a holding pattern until the contract gets voided.

            While I was with Jack, Lindsey also popped into the office to show me a video she recovered from the club the night Eli and I went out. She got the owner of the club to release the security camera from that night and you can clearly see I'm intoxicated. Lindsey also got footage of the end of the night when I was trying to close out my tab. I vaguely remember asking for the check and having to have Bobby help me sign it. But that's not what the video showed. You can clearly see Bobby signed the bar receipt for me and handed it back to the bartender who looked concerned at what Bobby was doing.

            Then the best part of the video was at the end. After Bobby gave over the receipt to the bartender he pulled out a piece of paper from his coat pocket. He folded the paper to make it look skinny like a receipt and pushed it in front of me. That is when I asked him for his help to sign it. That's when I signed the contract. Bobby gave me what I thought was the bar tab only for it to be the signature page of the contract.

            I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. I was so angry. I wanted to punch something. I didn't know what to do with myself. Lindsey basically said we had a pretty solid case before she found this video but now it was a slam dunk. I was getting out of my contract and now we just had to wait for the trial date to make it official.

            Thea was at work right now but when I left Lindsey and Jacks office I called her to meet somewhere because I needed to get this off my chest. One thing led to another and I was almost yelling in tears to her when she met me back at my house. It took a while for me to calm down and Thea had to leave when she was called away for work. She went back to her normal patrol detail as the news calmed down around my disappearance and Bobbys arrest.

            I was on edge all night and before she left I asked Thea to come back over my house last night. There was no way I wanted to be alone. For the past week we haven't seen each other that much. Thea went back to her normal night tours while I've just pretty much been hiding out in my house making music. After getting comfortable with Thea sleeping next to me it made it hard to go back to sleeping alone. I didn't want to push us to fast into something. I still have a lot of issues to work on and I don't want to rush into a relationship and ruin it because I wasn't ready. Thea deserves the world and I want to be the one to give it to her.

            My feelings for Thea have only grown. I want to be around her all the time and fall asleep next to her every night. I haven't grown the nerve to ask her out yet though. Right now I kind of want to wait until the contract of officially voided before I'm seen out in public with her. I don't want to have to hide Thea like I've had to hide my past relationship.

            My last relationship was weighing heavily on my mind when I fell asleep in Thea's arms last night. But I was shocked when I woke up from a nightmare about her. Sweating, breathing heavy I pushed myself out of Thea's arms and tried to calm down. It's been a long time since I've had a nightmare like that and I thought that they were finally gone. Looks like I'm wrong.