22

The next morning I woke up in my bed in Thea's arms. It has become my favorite place to be and I don't think I will ever get tired of it. My head fit perfectly in the crook of her neck and I gave her a little kiss before I was going to fall asleep again. Just as my eyes started to close I heard a hard knock at my front door. Thea bolted up right away and looked at me.

            "Are you expecting anybody?" Thea asked looking at me as we heard another knock.

            "No" I said and rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

            Thea was out of bed in a shot and slipped on her basketball shorts and a t-shirt before grabbing her gun off the floor and walked out of my bedroom door. I quickly got dressed and followed behind her as we heard another hard knock on the door. Thea was already down the stairs in front of the front door by the time I got to the top of the landing. Her gun was held tightly in her hand as she reached for the doorknob.

            I got down the stairs and stood next to her with the baseball bat I keep behind the door. She pulled the door open in one quick swish to reveal a startled looking Halsey, Eli and a woman I didn't recognize.

            "Is this how you treat all of your guest?" Halsey yelped with her hands held in a surrender position.

            I let out a sigh of relief and lowered Thea's gun. Taking a look at the crowd in front of me I found Eli's eyes and he smirked at me.

            "My life has been kind of a mess the past few months so sorry not sorry. You guys can come on in." I said and stepped aside to let in my guests.

            As Eli came through the threshold last I punched his shoulder hard for him not calling to warn me. I closed the door behind him and looked at Thea.

            "I'm going to get dressed and leave you to your meeting, I need to go to the tailor today to get fitted for my new uniform." Thea said as she watched the three guests take a seat at my kitchen table.

            "Okay babe, just come say bye before you go." I said and gave her a small smile. Thea smiled and back kissed my temple before she walked upstairs.

            I didn't bother changing just walked into my kitchen and started some coffee. I looked at the clock on the stove and saw it's almost 1 in the afternoon. Looks like Thea and I slept in a bit late. When the coffee was ready I joined the three at my kitchen table.

            "So what do I owe the pleasure of a house visit?" I asked and threw the manila envelope from Logan on the island.

            "I'm sure that Eli told you but my opening act for the US leg of my Manic Tour backed out. I also want to say congratulations about winning you court case. I've been following it since it started. I'm happy that you were able to get justice for yourself. I've always thought Bobby was a sleaze of a guy from the few times we met." Halsey said as I took a sip of my coffee.

            "Yea he wasn't the best guy and I'm happy that he will be rioting in prison for a while. I've also heard about your act dropping out. I know how much of a bitch it is to have to find a replacement. So what can I do for you?" I asked.

            "Eli told me that you have been working on new music and you might want to get back out there. I want to offer you the opening spot on my tour. It's a 30 show tour in the US with one show in Canada. You would be the only opening act and get a 35 minute set. If you want to stay on there will also be a European leg in the summer." Halsey said.

            Halsey and I have met a few times at different award shows and through mutual industry friends. I've also sat in studio time with her before but we weren't really close. Bobby kept me away from forming friendships with other artists. We are friendly towards each other and I looked up to her a lot. I sighed and rubbed my forehead. I'm hungry and I still want to be in bed with Thea. Speaking of Thea I looked up when I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Thea was standing at the bottom of the landing with a bag on her shoulder.