47

Everything was just black. I don't know for how long. I felt like I was floating in a pool of black nothingness. Then there was this light. It wasn't super bright but it was just there at the end of a long hallway. I started to walk to it but I felt a weight on my chest. It made it hard for me to move. The light continued to get brighter and I had to put my hand over my eyes to block it.

Soon the light started to fade and I pulled my hand away. The blackness around me was gone, now replaced with the scene of the Music Emporium parking lot. There was a lot of police around and a few ambulances here as well. Just as I was about to start walking to where they were standing, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and thought I was dreaming. It had to be a dream. There was no way this is real.

"Mom?" I questioned.

"Hi babygirl." Mom said and smiled at me.

I reached out to her and pressed my hand to her chest. She is solid. Once I knew she was I launched myself into her arms. I let out a sob and held onto her tightly. Mom didn't let me hold onto her for long as she pulled away and held me at an arm's length. She looked me over and I did the same to her. She is wearing her favorite tee shirt, a black and red Ramones band shirt along with a pair of jeans and a long grey navy peacoat.

            "You're all grown up now

"You're all grown up now." Mom said with tears in her eyes.

"It's been almost 15 years since you've died." I said and wiped away the tears still pouring out of my eyes.

"I know babygirl, come here." Mom said and pulled me into her again.

I pressed my nose into her chest and took a deep breath. She still smelled the same. I felt mom press a kiss to the crown of my head and heard her sigh.

"I need you to come with me Ash." Mom said and pulled away from me again.

I just nodded and took her hand. She led me over to the scene of police officers. They couldn't see us as we got closer to the center of attention. Suddenly an officer moved out of the way and I saw Malia pressing her hands firmly into my abdomen.

"Ashlyn you need to stay with me. The EMTs are taking Thea to the hospital and you're next but you need to breath for me come on." Malia said to me as she watched the EMTs load Thea into the waiting ambulance. Just as the doors of the ambulance closed I saw Asher, Ashley and Allison sitting in the ambulance with her.

"GWS to the abdomen, no exit wound. She was conscious when I got here but passed out once I started trying to ask her questions." I heard Malia say as the EMT's started to work on my body.

Malia pulled her hands away from my stomach and one of the EMT's replace them. Malia moved away as they got to work and found my cell phone on the ground next to my body. She picked it up and followed the EMT's as they place my body in the back of the ambulance. The doors shut and I watched as a few police cars pull out in front of the ambulance.