4

Hey this is Ashlyn leave a message and if you're lucky I'll call you back. BEEP. Ash this is Bobby, I don't know what's gotten into you but you need to cut the shit. We have meetings with the label and you disappearing right now doesn't help anything. I'm going to the police the first thing this morning and they will track you down. Elijah said he hasn't even heard from you. So help me god Ash if you went on another bender I have to pull you out of I'm going to drop you. CALL ME BACK.

            Thea was definitely right about the couch was my first thought when the sun hit my face the next morning. My back felt broken as I sat up. I felt every bone pop as I tried to straighten my spine.

            "You might want these." Thea said from behind me and held out her hand.

            "You were right about the couch." I said in pain.

            "I know, take these Advil and hopefully with some food and movement it will loosen up." Thea said as I swallowed the pills some the water from last night.

            "Are you working today?" I asked and stood from the evil couch.

            "Yea, I work today and tomorrow then I'm off for four days." Thea said.

            "Gotcha" I said and unwrapped the blanket from my body to leave on the couch. "What do you want for breakfast?" I asked and walked into the kitchen.

            "Eggs are fine" Thea said and I heard her walk into the kitchen.

            We moved around the kitchen like one. Neither of us getting in each other's way and everything felt right. Thea worked on the coffee while I finished making us eggs and we came together at her small dinner table.

            "You still don't want me to call anybody for you?" Thea asked as she sipped her coffee.

            "I threw my phone into the river two days ago and I've never felt freer. The moment someone knows where I am and drags me back to my life I will end up on that bridge again and I will go over." I said and pushed away the little bit of eggs I had left.

            "You're only allowed to go to the bridge to sit against the railing, got it?" Thea said seriously.

            "Yes ma'am." I said.

            "Do you live alone?" Thea asked.

            "Yea" I answered and sipped my coffee.

            "And you live here in Salem?" Thea asked again.

            "For the most part" I answered.

            "Shit I've got to get ready." Thea said after looking at the clock on the wall.

            I watched Thea scramble out of her chair and rush into her bedroom. I could hear here rushing around her room to get ready and a few minute later Thea was jumping her way into the kitchen while putting on her boot. Dressed fully in her uniform she grabbed her duffle bag and put it on the table while she tied her boot. Once it was tied she grabbed her utility belt from her bag and clipped it in place around her waist. It looked she went into autopilot as she attached everything she would need for her shift to the belt. Then she searched her bag for something else and didn't find it before running back to her bedroom.

            When she came back Thea was holding a handgun loading a magazine into the weapon. Once it was in place she put the weapon in her holster and grabbed her duffle bag.

            "I'm off at midnight again today, I'll see you later." Thea said and grabbed her winter coat before slamming the door behind herself.