19

"The jury is back Ashlyn, it's time." Lindsey said. This phone call is going to change my life no matter what the outcome is.

Things I feel have finally settled in my life. I don't really leave the house unless I need to and I've just really spent my time writing music. A lot of the lyrics I have in my old notebook I have worked into some songs that have really told the story of the last couple of years in my life. Once we found out when the trial was going to start, Eli flew out and has been staying with me ever since.

The last month has been a transition, if I had to use just one word. I finally started to clean out my siblings rooms. After they passed I didn't have the heart to go through everything and pack it all away. Over the last month with a lot of help from Thea, I turned Asher's room into a music studio. Eli helped a lot with that and getting most of the equipment I needed to really produce things on my own. We also turned the garage into a drum room. I know I needed a drum kit and I didn't have the space in the house for it so we added a lot of sound proofing to the garage and place all the drums in there. As for Ashley's room I turned it into an office slash guest room. I bought a twin sized mattress to have just in case someone needs a place to crash for the night while the rest of the room is an office.

During the month Thea and I have gotten closer. Some nights I would sleep over her house while others she would come over mine. We have both come to the conclusion that we liked sleeping in the same bed rather than being apart. One thing that I have really come to like about Thea is that she doesn't push me. If I need some time she would give it to me no questions asked. I haven't had the nerve to ask her out yet though but I know that after this trial is officially over that is going to be one of the first things I do.

There have been many moments were I have found myself almost kissing her but I've pulled back. I didn't want to start something with her while still being under this contract. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Thea thinks I'm just a tease. I've tried hard to cap my feelings but it's getting harder with each passing day. It has been so easy to fall for her. Thea is always kind. Whenever I have a bad day she brings me flowers just to put a smile on my face. She lets me rant when I'm having trouble connecting pieces of songs together and never complains. Then there are also the nights when I wake from nightmares as she is there to comfort me.

"Ashlyn" I felt someone shake my shoulder and I looked to where I heard the voice.

I turned my head and saw Thea sitting in the driver's seat of her Bronco dressed in her police uniform looking concerned. I sucked in a breath and pushed the door open to let myself out. Thea met me in front of her truck and walked me into the courthouse. Thea walked by my side to the familiar courtroom we have been going to for the last two weeks.

Lindsey, Jack and District Attorney Amy Martin were waiting for me at the prosecution table. Thea put her hand on my back and pushed me forward towards them as she took her seat in the front row behind me with Pat and Chief Connley. While I've been home there were many days Pat and I would spend together and when I told him we got a trial date he said he would be there for me through it all.

I took my seat next to Lindsey as Bobby and his attorney took their seats across the aisle. The label fired him when they found out what was going on and refused to help him pay for an attorney.

"All rise" The officer of the court announced the arrival of the judge and the members of the jury and it wasn't long before the judge asked for the jury to read their verdicts.

"We the jury find the defendant, Robert Miller, guilty on count one."

The foreperson kept going. On each charge of the of the seven count indictment the jury found Bobby guilty. As the officer of the court placed Bobby in handcuffs I felt a tear fall from my eye.