11

After the news conference was over I turned off the TV and went back to playing on the keyboard. I reviewed the recording I made from earlier in the day before I looked around Thea's kitchen and found a notepad. I spent most of the night reworking the song I started to build and wrote some lyrics. I continued to work on the song into the night and I ended up falling asleep on the couch writing.

When Thea came home from her shift she woke me up and I basically sleep walked into her bedroom and fell into her bed. I was out before Thea even managed to get into bed.

The next morning I woke up tangled in Thea's arms again. I didn't want to move because it felt right. We fix together like pieces of a puzzle and nothing bad could happen while I was in her arms. But the universe must be felt and Thea's alarm went off. It took her a moment to hear it in her sleep as I slipped out of her arms and sat up.

We didn't say anything to each other as we got up to get ready for the meeting. I took a quick shower and slipped on some black jeans before I walked back into Thea's room.

"Do you think I can borrow a button down? I didn't grab any." I asked and slipped an undershirt on.

"Sure, my clothes are going to be a bit big on you though." Thea said as she walked out of her closet buttoning up her button up shirt.

"That's fine" I answered and tried not to stare. Thea stepped aside from the closet and nodded her head towards it as she moved into her room.

I walked into her room and went right into the closet. I found a navy blue button up long sleeve shirt and I grabbed it off the hanger and slipped it on. It was definitely big on me so I just rolled the sleeves up a little and tucked it into my jeans before meeting Thea out in the living room.

I grabbed my copy of the contracted and a stack of money before I walked out of the house to find Thea brushing snow off her truck. It took her a minute to finish cleaning the snow off and once it was clear I hopped inside. Thea joined me a minute later giving me the SPD hat I wore yesterday.

"I saw the video last night when I got back to the station. Chief looked like a vein was going to explode in his neck as he talked with Bobby. Eli wasn't with him but I don't want to take any chances with your identity. So whenever we leave the house this hat is on your head and your hood goes up. When you went back to see if you could get into your house did you go back through town?" Thea asked as she waited a moment for her truck to warm up before she drove down the driveway.

"Shit yea, I went into the video store when I saw the story break about my disappearance. I had my head down the whole time, I'm hoping they don't know it was me. I was wearing a different coat so we should be okay for a little bit." I answered trying to retrace my steps.

Thea didn't say anything as we drove through Salem. The radio played some classic rock song as we drove through the snow covered streets. It didn't take long before we pulled up to an office building.

"Lindsey has the security cameras turned off and we are going to go through the back entrance of her firm. Since it's Saturday her staff isn't in the building but I don't want to take any chances okay." Thea said and killed the ignition.

"Crystal." I said watched Thea get out of the truck.

She came around and opened the door for me and I hopped out. I made sure my hood was up and I kept my head down as I followed Thea inside the building. The lights were mainly off as the door closed behind me and I looked up.

"So what's with all the secrets Thea?" Lindsey asked with her arms crossed over her chest. I put the hood down and stepped out from behind Thea and took the hat off as well. I ran a hand through my hair and found Lindsey's eyes.