6

Two weeks ago

            The two days come and go and I felt like I was in a haze for them. With Bobby's threat looming over my head I couldn't relax. Coming home to Salem was supposed to be relaxing, a moment of peace for me so I can morn my siblings. Of course that went out the window. The day after Bobby came into my home I spent with my siblings. I didn't want to leave their graves. An empty plot is left next to my sister. When I bought the plots for my brother and sister I purchased one for myself to lay with them when the time comes.

            The second day I had dinner with Pat and Ed. Both men wanted to know who came over the day before because they heard the yelling from the open windows they have. I just deflected and changed the subject to how they were both doing. They took the hint and I was able to avoid the subject for the rest of the evening.

            After our nightcap I went home and found Elijah sitting on my front steps. I sighed and stepped around him to get to my front door.

            "Do you know how long I've been waiting out here Ash? I'm freezing my ass off." He said and I opened my front door. Elijah pushed his way through the door before I could shut it in his face.

            "No and I don't care, what are you doing here Eli?" I asked and looked through the front window to make sure he was alone.

            "Bobby flew back to LA already. He sent me to make sure you got on the flight." Eli answered.

            "I'm not going back to Los Angeles Eli." I said and sat down on my couch.

            "I know that Bobby isn't the best guy around but he told me that you want to give up your career. Do you know how big this deal is for you Ash? It will launch you into the stratosphere, you'll be bigger then Arianna Grande." Eli said and sat on the coffee table.

            "At the cost of my own sanity." I said and felt a migraine coming on.

            "I'm sure that you can negotiate your own terms to the label during the meeting but that can only happen if you get on the plane with me Ash." Eli said trying to reason with me.

            "That's what Bobby told you didn't he?" I asked and crossed my arms over my chest.

            "More or less" Eli said and sat back on the coffee table.

            "Tell him he can shove that contract. I won't sign another with him as my manager." I said.

            "I know Bobby has his moments when he gets angry a little too quickly but he is only trying to get you the best deal Ash." Eli said.

            "You have no idea what kind of hell I'm in Eli. Please get out of my house." I said wanting to just crawl into my bed and cry myself to sleep.

            "Why don't we go out tonight? I'm sure there is a night club around here." Eli said and pulled out his cell phone.

            "Seriously get out of my house Eli." I said getting fed up with his presence.

            "Hey don't be that way with me. We can just go hang out and let loose before we have to get on the plane." Eli said.

            "You have a minute to get out of my house before I call the cops Eli and I'm not kidding. Tell Bobby I'm not coming back to LA." I said and got up from my couch to open the door for him.

            Eli looked shocked as he pocketed his cell phone. He stood from the coffee table and walked towards me.

            "I'm sorry if i overstepped. If you change your mind the flight leaves at 1am from Boston Logan." Eli said and walked out my front door. He turned around to say something else to me but I slammed the door in his face.