13

The phone call with Lindsey did not go well. First thing in the morning we meeting at her office to go over some things. We didn't listen to the rest of the press conference and just turned the TV off. Thea retired to her bedroom a little while after she hung up the phone with Lindsey. I didn't want to join her right away. Fear started creeping into my mind.

            What if she is going to drop me as a client and I'll be on my own again? I thought Thea said she was the best. How could the best be backing down from a challenge like this? What if someone finds my cell phone? There's no way they are going to find it though. They would need to send divers into the river and with the temperatures so low right now there is no way they would risk that. The only way they would is if they thought I went over the rail and then they would be looking for my body.

            My mind kept spiraling as the what ifs kept floating to the survice of my mind. Finally I got off the couch and took a long hot shower. When I was done in the bathroom I walked into Thea's bedroom to find her playing around on her phone. I quickly walked into the closet and shut the door behind me as I'm only in a towel. Quickly I changed into some pajamas and returned the towel to the bathroom before joining Thea in bed.

            We didn't say anything to each other as I quickly feel sleep. The next morning I woke up to an arm thrown over Thea and I didn't have the heart to move. I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the clock. We needed to start getting up to get to Lindsey office but I wanted to savor the moment a little longer. I felt Thea stir and I watched as she opened her eyes. She looked down at my arm around her waist then to my face and saw that I'm awake.

            Thea didn't say anything and I slowly moved my arm off of her. Once it was gone so was Thea. She got up and started to get ready for the long day ahead of us. I stayed in bed for another few moments before I got up to get ready. I didn't bother asking for a nice shirt today and just went for a flannel and a pair of jeans.

            Once I was done I met Thea in the kitchen as she started to lace up her boots. I did the same and grabbed my jacket. Before we left the house Thea turned to face me and placed the SPD hat on my head. She took a second to adjust it to her liking before she turned around and left me standing in the doorway. It's a good thing the hat blocked my beat red face.

            The ride to the office was tense. At least a dozen patrol cars past us on the way there. We met Lindsey at the back door again and she ushered us right into her office as it's now Monday and her staff filled the office. Once we were safely inside I sat down in the same chair from Saturday and sighed.

            "We can't keep this up. It will do more harm than good even though you have a good reason to be in hiding. I want you to think about releasing a video statement to show people you are alive and well. You can briefly explain what is happening and that you will remain in hiding until it is safe for you. I will also get my team working on filing an emergency restraining order against Bobby if you like." Lindsey said.

            "I can call Connley and have just him come here and speak with you himself so he can call off the search as well." Thea said.

            "How quickly can the restraining order be put into place?" I asked.

            "The police can issue an emergency order of protection until we are able to get in front of a judge but I should be able to push it through pretty quickly because of your name. I could have the court date as early as next week." Lindsey said.

            "Call your boss Thea." I said and rubbed my head.

            I know that this needs to be done. I can't have the police waste their resources on me when I'm not missing. Thea made quick work calling Connley as Lindsey grabbed Jack from his office. Jack and Lindsey started going through my contract while Thea was on the phone with Connley. When she got off she told us he is coming right now and should be here shortly.