14

I didn't last long on the couch, after a few minutes of sitting there I got up and quickly changed before falling into bed. I was out before Thea even joined me. The next morning I woke up to Thea's arm wrapped tightly around my stomach. I didn't think I could get out of her grip if I tried so I just sighed and closed my eyes again.

            When I woke up again Thea's arm wasn't around me anymore. Slowly I turned over and saw Thea is still lying next to me playing around on her phone.

            "Good morning" I mumbled and wiped the sleep from my eyes.

            "It's actually more like afternoon. I didn't have the heart to wake you up. There anything you want to do today?" Thea asked as she typed away on her phone.

            "I wanted to go home for a little, make some plans to sell my apartment in Los Angeles, I should probably call Eli to let him know I'm okay, then maybe see Pat and see how he is doing." I said and sat up in bed to stretch. I could feel my shirt rise up against my chest and I didn't bother fixing it.

            When I looked over to Thea I could see her eyes were locked onto my exposed skin. The blush took over my face faster then I hoped and I quickly got out of bed so hopefully Thea wouldn't see it. But it didn't help that my legs got tangled in the blankets and I almost fell when I put my foot down on the ground. I could hear Thea laugh behind me as I stumbled around trying to get my legs free of the blankets.

            "That sounds like a good plan. Do you want to get something for breakfast on the way?" Thea asked trying to hold back her laughter.

            "Dunkin please I've missed my iced coffees." I said and stomped into the small closet.

            I closed the door behind me and rested against it. It took a moment for my heart to stop beating so hard and for me to actually focus on getting dressed. I slipped on a black pair of skinny jeans and my Salem High School sweatshirt before walking into the living room and finding my new phone sitting on the cocktail table. I picked it up and saw I had a missed call from Lindsey.

            I didn't bother listening to the voicemail and I just called her back. It didn't take long for her to answer.

            "Hi Ashlyn, how did you sleep?" Lindsey asked once the call connected.

            "Good, what's up?" I asked.

            "I just wanted to let you know what happened at the arraignment. It went as expected. The District Attorney is personally handling your case as a favor to me which is great news because she will push for the hardest sentence we can get and she isn't offering a plea bargain. Right now the order of protection was granted by the judge Bobby cannot be within 100 yards of you or your homes. I know you have a residence in California which is also included in this order. As for the matter of bail, it was set at one million dollars and Bobby would have to surrender his passport. If he makes bail I will let you know. As of right now he will most likely be posting it. Do you have any questions?" Lindsey asked.

            "Not right now. I'm relieved to hear that this will hopefully be going in our favor. Any update on the contract?" I asked thinking about the other shoe that's going to drop.

            "Yes actually, what is the name of the club you and Eli went to that celebrate the night before the party?" Lindsey asked.

            "Hurricane, it's in Boston why?" I asked.

            "Jack found the clause that states that if the contract was signed under false pretenses, under duress or a non-sound state of mind then the contract is null and void. I'm hoping that if the club has security cameras inside we can see what really happened that night." Lindsey said.