xlvi. start of it all

╔═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╗

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑻𝒀 𝑺𝑰𝑿
❝ 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 ❞

╚═══ -ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ- ═══╝

VERA MISSED HER HORSE

VERA MISSED HER HORSE. AND BY that, she meant the beautiful, white stallion that she took ownership of the first time she arrived on land. It seemed like years ago since that day and appeared to be nothing more but a distant memory in Vera's mind, insinuating to be nothing compared to the rollercoaster ride she was forced to go through during the journey on land. It was no secret that she had rightfully experienced a good amount of things for the duration of their quest, struggling and overcoming the action with strength and courage. Honestly, Vera was rather proud of what she achieved.

Despite the several difficulties and sorrows that were thrown at her face and kicked in her heart so harshly, Vera had managed to learn a lesson from that and become a better person with each challenge thrown at her. To overcome the amount of grief she felt for the first time, the all-consuming sadness that devoured her light spirit and courageous heart with a flaming fire that engulfed her completely would prove to be one of the biggest and hardest tasks she would have to face but she accomplished the ending goal with dignity and strength.

Because no matter the troubles that she would face and no matter the hardships that would be thrown at her carelessly, Vera knew that she had people around her who would do anything for her. As Queen of an entire realm and civilization, and a ruler to those around their waters, she would always remain protected and kept safe. Her people would willingly sacrifice everything for their Queen, who has managed to gain respect from her subjects even from a considerable distance, and at times, that thought would terrify her.

Discarding the numerous subjects at her feet who would do anything for their mighty Queen, Vera also had a good amount of friends and supporters who would follow through with anything she asked without any question or doubt. Their loyalty was earned and accomplished by the Queen and Vera couldn't feel more honored than she did upon the realization. She was protected, safe, and guarded through every step of the way of her journey by her numerous friends and subjects.

After all, they were the ones who brought the brunette, grief-consumed Queen out of her sorrowed pause in life. They helped her, supported her, and waited for her to come back and lead them like she was meant to with every understanding that she is grieving despite the horrors and troubles of their homes. Her people adored her. Meanwhile, her new friends on land were of as much help as her subjects, guiding her and coaxing her patiently with every means of bringing her back to light with their loyalty.

Therefore Vera owed them just as much.

Ever since the night in which she was greeted by her Mother and guided to another path than the one she originally thought she would go to, Vera had been different. Perhaps not entirely but different in the smallest senses nonetheless. She was stronger, smarter, and more perceptive of what goes around her than the naiveness and irresponsibility than before. She changed; she grew. No longer did she hold that childlike innocence and gullibility in her but was pushed aside by a queenly and resolute appearance; a Queen.