magnifique | one

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter one
|the way to avonlea|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

millie was on the train, she is on the way to green gables in avonlea, where her dearest friend was currently living. she's very eager to find anne shirley, her friend since she was seven years old, she was like the sister she never had. she is sixteen now and wants to live with anne, after being adopted and harassed by mister and missus price she tried to escape and succeded and now, she is determined to find her dearest friend.

she really misses her friend, when she escaped to the hands of the price's, she goes back to nova scotia, where the hopetown asylum is located. a certain girl informed her that anne shirley is already adopted by the cuthberts a year ago.

when she learned the information, without a doubt she hopped into a freight car, she waited for an hour before the freight car stops⸺ she arrived. she surely has money but not enough for a train ticket. welcome to avonlea i guess, she thought. she is really eager to know what life was waiting for her on avonlea. she is curious about everything, she's curious about her cherished friend is doing, she cannot wait to see her dear anne.

there is no going back, right?⸺ she thought. her nerves suddenly come to her senses as she slowly opens the freight car door and comes out without getting caught by the authority. when she makes sure that no one notices her, she sighs in relief.

"good afternoon, sir, is this avonlea?" she politely asks an old man nearby. the man looked to her and nodded. "yes, it is avonlea."

"do you happen to know some, um, carriage around here?" she asks, once again. the man nodded and points to a carriage. "it is our carriage, you can ride with me and jerry there if you know where to go."

millie handed to him all the money she had, "thank you very much, here, sir, that's all the money i've had."

the man shook his head, "no, no need for your money, where are your destination, by the way?" he asked as a boy came approached both of them. "bonjour, mister cuthbert, who is this girl?" the boy had a thick accent that she recognizes as 'french'.

she came into a realization that she hadn't introduced to the both of them, "bonjour, my name is mildred turner. wait... you call him cuthbert?"

"oui, he is mister cuthbert and i am jerry baynard," the boy, jerry, introduced. the man, who is mister cuthbert nodded and get to the carriage.

jerry guided her up to the carriage carefully before going himself. "what brings you here to avonlea and why do you know mister cuthbert, mildred?" he asked.

"um, just millie for short and i know a friend here... in avonlea." she answered honestly to them both. "as a matter of fact, i am looking for her and i'm sure you know her."

jerry looked at her while mister cuthbert continues to look in the way. "her name is anne, anne shirley. she's my friend back to the asylum, um, before mister and missus price adopted me, and um, when i get back, she's gone and one of the girls there said she was adopted and currently living in the green gables in here, avonlea."

suddenly, mister cuthbert finally spoke up, "so your way is on... green gables? anne, yes, we adopted her, and... i'm really sure she wants to see you."

"i hope so, sir, and i'm very lucky to meet the both of you on my way to green gables." she said rather sweetly. "if you don't mind me asking, sir, how is anne doing?"

"she is doing very well, i think she's succeeding at school as she uses big words every time she speaks," mister cuthbert said as he smiled while thinking to the daughter she never had, anne.

"it is really good to hear that, sir, i cannot wait to see her again in such a long time."

"don't need to call me mister or sir, millie, just matthew is fine," matthew said as he pulls the hames of the horse.

"alright, si-- matthew."

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"how old are you?" matthew asked millie. he was rather curious to the girl and wants to know her better. he was thinking of her as a new family member.

"i'm sixteen of age," she answered honestly.

"well, do you go to school? or rather a college?"

"no, but the asylum taught us reading, writing, and simple arithmetics, and the family who adopted me are part french so i know how to speak french. but i hope to attend college someday."

as soon as jerry hears it, he spoke up to hi in french language, "parlez-vous vraiment français?"

"je suis absolument sûr, monsieur." millie answered back to jerry as the boy smiled widely. he is surely excited to be friends with the girl and speak french with her all the time.

"avonlea is such absolute beauty, the scenery is very fine. anne must be very happy here with you all." millie blurted out, she was very hypnotized by the lovely view in front of her.

matthew and jerry smiled by the girl's amusement, they're really happy to meet her. they continue their journey as millie starts her thoughts. will i be happy here? will i meet someone special here? will i make friends here? will the cuthberts let me stay in their home? will i get to school and go to college? will i reach my dreams?

that's the thought she's thinking, she has doubts and hesitation to her new life but there is one thing she is certainly sure about.

she is finally home.