magnifique | fifteen

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

chapter fifteen
|lies and consciousness|

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

"i have some happy news. i've found a plot nearby that's perfect for my needs," mister dunlop broke the silence in supper.

"land, eh? gonna build a gingerbread house, mister dunlop?" nate jokingly asked as he let out a laugh.

millie just stayed silent and eat her meal silently. she didn't want to say something that the boarders will be furious of.

mister dunlop seems to ignore nate's comment and continued to talk, "you know, what's lovely is, the walk from there to green gables is only a half-hour. six months from now, when my house is finished, i'll remain close to you both geography and spirit."

matthew and marilla shared a look before speaking, "matthew and i have decided it's time for you to find another accommodations. it's fine for green gables to get back to normal."

millie looked up to face marilla, she was scared that they want her to move away, too. but, she stayed silent and keep her mouth shut.

nate let out a laugh as mister dunlop spoke, "it may, um, take me a little while to find someplace else."

"we're happy to give you a day or two... to get organized," matthew finally spoke up.

"not to worry, friend. we're in this together, hmm?" nate said as he discreetly glared at millie, who didn't meet his gaze.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

it was after dinner. the dinner was silent and no one bothered to talk after the moving-thing-talk. millie and marilla are currently washing dishes. there are some things that bothering millie, she was hesitated to asked, but she did anyways.

"marilla... do you want me to move away, too? you did say earlier that you want the green gables to back to normal," millie softly asked.

marilla suddenly stops from what her doing and looked at the girl, "heavens child! what on earth did you think that?"

"i-i mean... maybe, i'm just a burden to you all, and maybe i'm just a boarder here, too," she said.

"why would we want to you to move away? no, you are a cuthbert. you are a family now, remember?" marilla said making the girl smile widely.